Anybody notice.....

ps

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is a Hills fan too.

Drives me nuts. I can't be in the same room when it's on.

Aesop Rock was the live @ MTV.com band last week. MtB is on the same level as Aesop Rock and Dan Deacon et al, that level being the "some Spin hard copy coverage for a short time". Who knows if it will become more, it did for Modest Mouse.

Guest scriptedrain

Just out of curiousity, how much does a band like Fall Out Boy get? I used to read a thread on another board about this topic, and I remembering them saying even back then that FOB got like $50,000 a show.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
a thread on another board about this topic, and I remembering them saying even back then that FOB got like $50,000 a show.

- Jeff

That's because like many major-label "artists", they're grossly overpaid.

You quoted my fucked up post. For some reason it deleted the first half of it lol

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

You quoted my fucked up post. For some reason it deleted the first half of it lol

- Jeff

Oh, gotcha. $50k actually sounds about right for a band of their popularity/"stature", which is sad.

A 5-day week of shows and the band makes a quarter of a million dollars. Of course that doesn't include merch money, contract money, endorsement money, appearance money, etc.

- Jeff

Oh, gotcha. $50k actually sounds about right for a band of their popularity/"stature", which is sad.

A 5-day week of shows and the band makes a quarter of a million dollars. Of course that doesn't include merch money, contract money, endorsement money, appearance money, etc.

- Jeff

I have some friends in a band about the same level as FOB, and I'll just tell you that one of them paid for me and 8 other people to go to Disneyland while on tour. Dudes are loaded, but they manage their money well.

I love the band and feel they deserve all the recognition they get...but I cringe at the thought of some vacuous, mainstream, teeny-bopper being all into them because they heard the music on MTV (what little they do play anyways) and on some unrealistic reality show...UGH!!!!

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

I have some friends in a band about the same level as FOB, and I'll just tell you that one of them paid for me and 8 other people to go to Disneyland while on tour. Dudes are loaded, but they manage their money well.

That's amazing. I would love to be along for a tour of anyone with notoriety, selling merch and hanging out. I know it's not glamourous, but it's better than being broke and not knowing what to do with my life.

- Jeff

- Jeff

interest is peeked, what band do you speak of?

Guest scriptedrain
I love the band and feel they deserve all the recognition they get...but I cringe at the thought of some vacuous, mainstream, teeny-bopper being all into them because they heard the music on MTV (what little they do play anyways) and on some unrealistic reality show...UGH!!!!

Yeah, I love Minus the Bear and want them to have a sucessful career, but something about being exposed to MTV's target audience makes me uneasy. I know they're not my secret or anything like that, but it just makes me sad to think of going to a show or seeing preteens wear their merch just because they're "in."

- Jeff

interest is peeked, what band do you speak of?

I hate being a namedropper, so everyone has to agree not to smite me. 8-)

True but at least the band will be able to continue to make music.

Yeah, I love Minus the Bear and want them to have a sucessful career, but something about being exposed to MTV's target audience makes me uneasy. I know they're not my secret or anything like that, but it just makes me sad to think of going to a show or seeing preteens wear their merch just because they're "in."

- Jeff

Yeah, I just hope they don't go the way of JEW. Ugh.

Just out of curiousity, how much does a band like Fall Out Boy get? I used to read a thread on another board about this topic, and I remembering them saying even back then that FOB got like $50,000 a show.

- Jeff

$50,000 isn't that much when you realize the band probably have a crew of 12-24 people on the road with them (techs, merch people, tour managers, bus drivers, semi-truck drivers, lighting guy, sound guy, stage builders, etc.), plus you're paying for gas, bus rental, merch, tipping out opening bands, etc -- yeah, they're still making a pretty decent chunk of change, but it's not like they're bathing in $100 bills.

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

$50,000 isn't that much when you realize the band probably have a crew of 12-24 people on the road with them (techs, merch people, tour managers, bus drivers, semi-truck drivers, lighting guy, sound guy, stage builders, etc.), plus you're paying for gas, bus rental, merch, tipping out opening bands, etc -- yeah, they're still making a pretty decent chunk of change, but it's not like they're bathing in $100 bills.

No, I know. When you're generating over a mil a month touring, though, even split between 25 people (which it's not) and put on expenses (which I'm sure a band like Fall Out Boy more than makes up for just selling merch at shows and online), that's a lot of money.

- Jeff