Anybody notice.....

ps

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some friends in a band about the same level as FOB, and I'll just tell you that one of them paid for me and 8 other people to go to Disneyland while on tour. Dudes are loaded, but they manage their money well.

interest is peeked, what band do you speak of?

The band in question is New Found Glory. Say what you will about them, but they're amazing dudes. They treated me like a brother on that tour.

Guest scriptedrain

interest is peeked, what band do you speak of?

The band in question is New Found Glory. Say what you will about them, but they're amazing dudes. They treated me like a brother on that tour.

I love them. Self Titled is pop punk perfection, Sticks and Stones is close to it. I own both DVDs and have seen them like 5 times and I have to say that they'd be near the top of my list for wanting to hang out with on tour.

- Jeff

Guest falloutcollapse

i saw them at warped tour. it was great. they played hit or miss and i felt really bad because i shoved my way to the front of the stage, knocking down countless girls.

I love them. Self Titled is pop punk perfection, Sticks and Stones is close to it. I own both DVDs and have seen them like 5 times and I have to say that they'd be near the top of my list for wanting to hang out with on tour.

- Jeff

yea the s/t is very good.

Dude, NFG is nowhere near the level of FOB right now.

Maybe not at this second, but overall they certainly are. FOB is going to fizzle hard.

Dude, NFG is nowhere near the level of FOB right now.

Maybe not at this second, but overall they certainly are. FOB is going to fizzle hard.

I do agree with you on this -- NFG are a career punk band who will always be able to sell out 1000-2000-person theaters (depending on market) for the next 10-20 years. FOB will most likely break up in the next 5.

But record sales-wise, it's not even a question. NFG have three records certified gold; FOB's "From Under The Cork Tree" has sold over 2 million records on its own -- and factor in the new one which is already platinum, plus their FBR one which is gold... FOB have outsold NFG, bigtime.

I do agree with you on this -- NFG are a career punk band who will always be able to sell out 1000-2000-person theaters (depending on market) for the next 10-20 years. FOB will most likely break up in the next 5.

But record sales-wise, it's not even a question. NFG have three records certified gold; FOB's "From Under The Cork Tree" has sold over 2 million records on its own -- and factor in the new one which is already platinum, plus their FBR one which is gold... FOB have outsold NFG, bigtime.

Longevity is the name of the game.

I've got nothing but respect for NFG. I always only hear good things about them, their drummer was super nice when I met him and they put on a hell of a show. I think they'll end up like MxPx. As far as FOB go it's really sad to see what they've turned into. Take This To Your Grave is still a classic, From Under The Cork Tree is good but not great and the new one is horrible. Not to mention Pete Wentz is a total prick.

I've got nothing but respect for NFG. I always only hear good things about them, their drummer was super nice when I met him and they put on a hell of a show. I think they'll end up like MxPx. As far as FOB go it's really sad to see what they've turned into. Take This To Your Grave is still a classic, From Under The Cork Tree is good but not great and the new one is horrible. Not to mention Pete Wentz is a total prick.

Wentz is one of those guys who'd I pay a lot of money to get in a swing. Him, Rush Limbaugh, O'Reily, Ann Coulter, and Glenn Beck.

i used to listen to NFG all the time. i loved them, they were my favorite band. it was awhile ago that i popped in the S/T cd after not having played it for a good few years. love that album (btw, i have a new appreciation for the line, "The needle on my record player has been wearing thin/This record has been playing since the day you've been with him"). but fuck, the guitars on it are so fuzzy.

funny NFG story. I was working for the Bosstones, and they were sound checking, NFG was playing next door with boxcar racer and were also watching the Bosstones sound check. The bosstones finished a song, and dicky comes to the end of the stage and asks chad "hey kid, want an autograph." I nearly pissed myself.

I remember when NFG was a little local band that was a side-project for Chad Gilbert when he was singing for Shai Hulud...I recall a particular warehouse show when they were opening for Hulud and Where Fear And Weapons Meet...NFG played for the first time their version of "My Heart Will Go On"...I was on the side of the stage taking pictures and had to stop cuz I started thinking to myself..."Wait...isn't...that...the...Titanic...song?!?!?!?"...The crowd was stunned but cheered and went off nonetheless...memories...

i didnt read this entire thread but im pretty sure mtv will promote anybody thats got $$$ to pay for it.

There is no payola involved. The band were selected for MTV's 52 program -- the channel picks a different band each week, has them film a few short vignettes and then uses their music all over the place. There is absolutely no money involved; it's just a new program and Minus The Bear were one of the first to be selected.