Label Completists

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im missing 18 or so releases (not including missing variants.) off of mine. i don't have an updated list but I do updated my flickr with pictures every now and then. I tried to do it the hard way with test presses/all variants and it got wayyyyyy too costly, but im still going with variants.

I've halfheartedly tried to collect all of the Snuffy Smile and Sub Pop releases, but there are just too many, especially with Sub Pop. Probably the only label that I have everything from is Traffic Street, and that's because it's pretty new.
i thought about sub pop since I had so many already but then I saw the dischography and realized it would never happen

I don't know if there's anything out there I would collect everything off of. If i had to pick it would be either hydrahead, or robotic empire. Nothing else seems to come to mind.

This all came about because I remembered I had a test press of the very first hydrahead release and even though I dont have anywhere near every record it was cool to think about the start up of such a label.

I have decided to pursue getting everything from Initial Records...my favorite label of all time...sooooo..if anyone wants to get rid of any Initial stuff, hit me up!

If you see anything on my list you want let me know. Im not sure what exactly you are looking for.

The snake is my new tailgating buddy.

I think Sound Study would be a great place for me to start as well as I have been totally impressed with everything about that label. I should probably get myself up to date on Vega Vinyl too since he's a hometown boy and seems to be putting out some solid stuff.

I've also thought about trying to pursue completing a Hydra Head complete discog...y'all know I love them folks...as well as Deathwish...but...it's pretty hardcore...pun intended. I do have the first HH release thanks to my Secret Santa 2.0 from last year...yeah, you CJ!!!

if you were to start something like that would you try for every press or just one copy of each record?

I've also thought about trying to pursue completing a Hydra Head complete discog...y'all know I love them folks...as well as Deathwish...but...it's pretty hardcore...pun intended. I do have the first HH release thanks to my Secret Santa 2.0 from last year...yeah, you CJ!!!

if you were to start something like that would you try for every press or just one copy of each record?

I'm a completist nerd so normally try to get every press BUT for a label discog, one copy each record and then work my way up to every press.

I have a complete Bloodlink records collection. I wasn't actively collecting the label until I realized that I had almost all their releases anyway.

There are plenty of labels that if I see one of their records in a record store I'll pick it up. Life Sentence, Reservoir, Witching Hour, (older) Tooth & Nail, Ape Must Not Kill Ape... to name a few. I wouldn't say I am actively collecting them though. I just generally like what they release.

ive got a nearly complete asian man records collection. missing 2 records

what 2? tests as well?

2 records. alk3 goddamit with clock labels

micf with black labels

tests for some of those would just be way to expensive. broadways, slapstick and the trio org tests go for a shit ton of $$$ but im happy with just the normal press