Flipping Records

uncleleo

Yeah, reminds me of the dude selling all the NOFX reissues before they even shipped. What a fuckstick.

Yeah. Blink 182 as well.

With the new NOFX 7"s Fat Wreck actually hunted down one guy who had them on ebay before Fat shipped them to him...I don't know the outcome, but it's fun.

They probably sent Floyd out to break some kneecaps.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope you're trolling... otherwise, thats some pretty dickish behavior. you act like your doing some great service to a band/label by buying their record thats already in demand and turning it for a quick buck so you can go and buy a record. all the while, some kid who was stuck at work or school or whatever is shit out of luck and having to give you some rediculous funds just so he can enjoy a piece of plastic. i really dont like being an asshole but... your doing an awesome job, keep it up! ;)

This argument is silly too. You snooze, you lose. Sorry, that's the name of the game. No one deserves a copy of a record mor ethan anyone else. And that kid who missed out can most likely get a -- GASP!!! -- less rare copy!!!

but then how will girls know i'm cool?

It's funny how this argument...it's own thread or within others...always seems to come up whenever a huge PO comes up...or maybe it's coincidence this time. But still amusing to read.

It seems like people who ask this just want to soothe their guilt. FYI--something makes you feel like you're doing something wrong, you probably are and other folks telling you otherwise isn't gonna change anything.

This argument is silly too. You snooze, you lose. Sorry, that's the name of the game. No one deserves a copy of a record mor ethan anyone else. And that kid who missed out can most likely get a -- GASP!!! -- less rare copy!!!

but then how will girls know i'm cool?

This is the best thing said in this thread so far.

It's funny how this argument...it's own thread or within others...always seems to come up whenever a huge PO comes up...or maybe it's coincidence this time. But still amusing to read.

It seems like people who ask this just want to soothe their guilt. FYI--something makes you feel like you're doing something wrong, you probably are and other folks telling you otherwise isn't gonna change anything.

I can definitely see that as well.

i hope you're trolling... otherwise, thats some pretty dickish behavior. you act like your doing some great service to a band/label by buying their record thats already in demand and turning it for a quick buck so you can go and buy a record. all the while, some kid who was stuck at work or school or whatever is shit out of luck and having to give you some rediculous funds just so he can enjoy a piece of plastic. i really dont like being an asshole but... your doing an awesome job, keep it up! ;)

i shouldnt have even opened this thread, haha. we will just agree to disagree, how does that sound?

Maybe most of you don't flip records on e bay or wathever,but, when I ask a price in the trade/sell treat always get an answer like this:

"I would like 50$,because this records goes for that much on the bay"

So, come on guys ,all of you do the same.

Maybe I'm wrong but I still didn't found someone that sell the 59 sound on white for less of 40$( this one is limited to 500,it means a lot of records out there).

It's just a sample

I got it for 28 and have seen it many other times sell for under 40.

Also, you guys should try to not be as naive as the record companies. As we all have heard the people that download the most music illegally also spend the most money on CD's and concert tickets and merch. And the people that flip the occasional record are also the ones that have huge record collections and support small labels.

Oh by the way.....I'm taking offers right now for the next NOFX record....will ship, sometime next year 2010, 2011 at the latest. Start sending offers now!!! It will be color vinyl! You won't want to miss this! Bid hard!! BE THE 1ST ONE TO BE ABLE TO SAY "I ALREADY HAVE THE NEWEST NOFX LP COMING ON COLORED VINYL"!! I don't know what it will be called....but you'll get it on color!!!

I buy records to sell sometimes, not often, but sometimes. What's wrong with me buying a record I don't care about, selling it, and then using the money to buy a bunch of records I do care about? The original label & band with the record I don't want gets the sale, plus all of the other labels and bands that I do like and can now buy their records get the sale. More money going into all of the labels and bands.

It seems like the only person that loses is the guy that wasn't paying attention when the record went on sale. As long as the bands and labels are being taken care of, what's the big deal?

I dont really see where he is out of line. I dont have a habit of "flipping" records but i did go out of my way to order the circa survive and Brand new LPs for flipping and it didnt make me feel bad, or guilty. It actually felt amazing that i could buy some (in my opinion) terrible record and make 50-60 bucks a pop. It allowed me to pick up some test presses for my favorite band and some bday presents for my girlfriend. ;)

I will say that i dont buy records to resell anymore due to the fact i am always broke, and i have enough old records i need to sell before i start buying new shit just to resell.

Long story short, i dont care if you are for or against it but there is nothing worse that when kids whine and bitch that they didnt get a "rare" copy cause of the flippers. shut up!

I'm not going to name names, but there's a person on here who made a thread calling out people for selling D4-Civil War on clear for more than cost. He stomped his feet around and said he really wanted a copy, but would only pay $10 for it. Now, this person has a sale thread with most records saying "OFFER". Others are listed for waaay more than cost. That shit is hellified lame.

This is fantastic.

I've never cared about flipping. The only thing I don't like about it is people making up excuses (oh, I bought 15 copies because I thought 14 of my friends would want it, but they all got it on their own, so I'm selling them for a 500% profit). If you're flipping, you're flipping, just admit it and I'm cool with it.

Oh, and if you're going to flip something, make sure you have it in your possession first.

Who fucking care if him/her have the record in hand or not?

If you buy music(records,cd's or wathever) you contribute with the bands ,records labels. and music industry

Who buy records in 2009 instead of downloaded for free?,MAYBE 2% of the popullation.

How many records labels have problems to release an album because nobody buy music in any legal format?and how many are dissapear the last year?

If you want to sell the record that you legaly bought, you are more than free to do it.

Maybe most of you don't flip records on e bay or wathever,but, when I ask a price in the trade/sell treat always get an answer like this:

"I would like 50$,because this records goes for that much on the bay"

So, come on guys ,all of you do the same.

Maybe I'm wrong but I still didn't found someone that sell the 59 sound on white for less of 40$( this one is limited to 500,it means a lot of records out there).

It's just a sample

I got it for 28 and have seen it many other times sell for under 40.

I paid you 15$ for the record.

You still win 3$.

Don't worry ,I know the answer. ;)