Underground Communique discography

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres three types of people:

1.People that don't like ska, it's not their thing, fine.

2.People that pretend they don't like ska/never liked ska, but good god to they have some checkered skeltons in their closet.

3.People that were way into ska when they were young, admit it and still fucking love the music.

I'm a type 3 person.

I used to wear ill fitting suits.

I have a sweet plaid blazer with patches on the arms.

I used to un-rythmically skank dance along to bands that were the most bastardized form of reggae and ska music one night then do the same poorly coordinated dancing at like a more traditional styled bands show...

I admit it.

I embrace that shit.

plus this gives me an excuse to do co-releases with Matt Flood and have fun with it, share a common bond of loving this music too...along with all the acceptable "grown-up" bands I'm supposed to be into exclusively.

...and, honestly, it adds to the overall sonic confusion I've worked toward all these years. I love the fact that if you look at that list of bands...it doesn't really make sense that they'd all be on the same label. I do what I love. and sometimes I love ska. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like too many different bands. If I would have the money I could order records like every day from different labels, haha. Next week I will see how much money I still have for this month. Maybe I will order a Capital LP then.

No Idea has them both, as does Interpunk & VC so look to those distros to make a larger combo order to make it work out a little better, if that helps? I realize that not everyone is into the wider range of bands I put out, so if there's nothing else you're into on my label(but if you like Capital, I'd suggest checking out Few and the Proud, Explode and Make Up, Get Rad, Haunted Life, Supersleuth, Olehole, Rollo Tomasi(not the UK band) or Report Suspicious Activity-those are the closer hardcore/hardcore related records/cds i've put out.

cool! I put out the Supersleuth live CD, flawless sounding off the board, the guy that recorded it actually is now the live sound engineer for that band Ash, and records bands all over the world...last i heard he was recording that 90's one hit wonder pop-singer Robyn in Australia...where shes apparently still a big deal...ha!