Christmas Movies

I've never seen A Christmas Story. Which is weird.

See...I haven't had TV ever since I was a little kid. And we spent Christmases at my grandmother's, and she didn't have a VCR. My sister in law watches it every year, but I somehow seem to miss out on this.

Every year, I say, "I'm gonna rent it this year." But it never happens. I decide I'll do it next year, and the next year rolls around, and I say the same thing. It's like Halloween, with the corn maze thing. This year, I FINALLY went to a corn maze, and I had to see a dude get fucking killed. So, this year, if I FINALLY see this movie, god knows what the shit will happen. I picked a weird time to get superstitious.

I've never seen A Christmas Story. Which is weird.

See...I haven't had TV ever since I was a little kid. And we spent Christmases at my grandmother's, and she didn't have a VCR. My sister in law watches it every year, but I somehow seem to miss out on this.

Every year, I say, "I'm gonna rent it this year." But it never happens. I decide I'll do it next year, and the next year rolls around, and I say the same thing. It's like Halloween, with the corn maze thing. This year, I FINALLY went to a corn maze, and I had to see a dude get fucking killed. So, this year, if I FINALLY see this movie, god knows what the shit will happen. I picked a weird time to get superstitious.

It is on for 24 hours straight on TBS (I think...used to be TNT). If you dont have cable, make yourself a guest for two hours! We have it on all Christmas day every year, but I can't really watch it any other time. I watch Elf several times around Christmas, and a few times throughout the year. And I also enjoy Love, Actually. My wife loves it. I saw the new Christmas Carol movie yesterday, and it was alright. Not up to par with the muppets, Scrooged, etc., but pretty good. But I hated the 3D-ness. It made my head hurt.

• 2 years later...