Holy nuts, Minus The Bear were awesome last night.

So Minus The Bear played two sold-out shows back-to-back in Cleveland last night, and I was lucky enough to go to both. Goddamn, this band is seriously the best band ever. And the new shit sounds SO GOOD live. It's unbelievable how they pull everything off.

The early show's crowd was shitty, but the late show's crowd was party central, with plenty of dancing, jumping around and singing along (even though I did end up breaking up 4 or 5 fights in the crowd -- wtf?).

Setlists by album form what I remember (I'm definitely missing some songs from the early show, because both sets were around 90 minutes each):

EARLY SHOW

Highly Refined Pirates - Get Me Naked 2: Electric Boogaloo, Spritz!!! Spritz!!!, Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse

Menos El Oso - Drilling, The Fix, This Ain't A Surfin' Movie, Pachucha Sunrise (encore opener)

Planet Of Ice - Burying Luck (set opener), Ice Monster, White Mystery, Dr. L'Ling, Double Vision Quest, Lotus (set closer), Knights

LATE SHOW

Highly Refined Pirates - Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!, Spritz!!! Spritz!!!, Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse (encore closer)

They Make Beer Commercials Like This - Fine + 2 Pts

Menos El Oso - Memphis & 53rd, Drilling, The Fix, Pachucha Sunrise, Hooray

Planet Of Ice - Knights (set opener), Ice Monster, Burying Luck, White Mystery, Dr. L'Ling, Throwin' Shapes, When We Escape, Lotus (set closer)

Bad news: The band don't have the tour press of Planet Of Ice yet and don't know when they'll get it (maybe Virgil can shed some light?). However, they are taking credit cards on this tour, which makes it much easier to buy merch.

Sweetness...I sent you a myspace comment last night asking how the show was...now my comment/question has been answered. The setlist looks great and I am even more eager and looking forward to the show when it rolls into Ft. Lauderdale.

And fights at the show? WTF is up with that nonsense? ???

Guest falloutcollapse

their chicago show is 18+. i understand that having a show at 9pm on a friday night is a great way to make money off booze, but i really think they're undermining the younger market minus the bear has. or maybe i'm just the youngest guy that loves this band.

anyway, those setlists are beautiful. i'd love to be able to see them play lotus.

edit! i put the drilling video on my myspace, hope you don't mind

Bad news: The band don't have the tour press of Planet Of Ice yet and don't know when they'll get it (maybe Virgil can shed some light?). However, they are taking credit cards on this tour, which makes it much easier to buy merch.

I hope they have them really soon. Someone from another board is going to pick me up a copy.... I really want it.

minus the bear is one of the bands i need to see soon, i'm bummed that i missed them twice last year but the closest they were playing was a couple of hours away so the timing wasn't right. anyway, i hope that it's sooner than later.

I saw them at Endfest. They played well but the sound was horrible. I always feel bad for bands when they play good yet have to compete with a sound guy who dosen't know what they are doing.

MTB usually sound so good live because they have their own sound guy, Che Arthur, who travels with them. But I bet for a big fest like that, they probably have their own house sound guys who don't turn over the boards to anyone, and thus, bands sound like ass.

I saw them at Endfest. They played well but the sound was horrible. I always feel bad for bands when they play good yet have to compete with a sound guy who dosen't know what they are doing.

MTB usually sound so good live because they have their own sound guy, Che Arthur, who travels with them. But I bet for a big fest like that, they probably have their own house sound guys who don't turn over the boards to anyone, and thus, bands sound like ass.

Yeah I saw them on their tour with Thursday and they sounded amazing.