old AFI work/bomber jacket

stefan

So I've held on to this far too long and it's time to let it go. I have an old work jacket that I bought probably in 1997 (or 1996/98) when they came through Colorado with THE FORCE.

It's not in front of me but is probably size Large or Medium and is dark grey, has two pockets up front and a zippered removable lining inside. I think these were bought in bulk from a uniform supply company, something like:

[image]

but with a removable lining, more of a 'bomber' jacket look and not so shiny a lining. There's an "auto tops" (I think) patch on the left front and a name path ("Chris") on the other side.

The back has a screened logo that looks like this:

[image]

but is white.

So... what should I do with this? Would an OG AFI jacket make anyone here happy? Should I list it on the 'Bay?

Those go for mad cash! My brother actually had the exact one you're speaking of, white and all. I've been thinking of unloading alot of my AFI stuff on ebay (boxset, dvd/cd thing, black on black sts, etc.) I still can't believe this band. I even gave them slack with Sing the Sorrow. Ugh. I won't listen to the new album more than the one time I have. I remember seeing the Third Season video on MTVX '99. Good times.

MTVX!!!! Man, I remember that channel...good times back then...now it's like pulling teeth to find a channel that will play a decent amount of heavy music videos.

Back to AFI...I feel the same way as you kurt...I was just disgusted by the last album...'Sing The Sorrow' was not too too bad...but I lost my tastes for this band with 'December...'....

Hit me up before putting some of that AFI stuff on eBay...I may be interested in what you have...

MTVX!!!! Man, I remember that channel...good times back then...now it's like pulling teeth to find a channel that will play a decent amount of heavy music videos.

Back to AFI...I feel the same way as you kurt...I was just disgusted by the last album...'Sing The Sorrow' was not too too bad...but I lost my tastes for this band with 'December...'....

Hit me up before putting some of that AFI stuff on eBay...I may be interested in what you have...

I'm pretty good at ignoring how awful they've become and pretending they just broke up, haha. The size of their fanbase doesn't really bother me, especially as I'm not the fanboy I once was with them, but the fact that so many fans don't have a fuckin clue as to what AFI once was kills me. I'll definitely get at you before I go ripping off the ebayers! I'd much rather get a quarter of the money because someone who cares and deserves it now has it.

i saw afi on their first canadian tour back in 96 or 97. i didn't have money for merch, but i wish i could sell one of those today.

also, as much as i liked them back then, i still like them now. i pretty much just close my eyes and pretend it's a different band altogether. which it pretty much is, when you think about it.

yeah. pretty bad idea there. but they don't even give a crap. probably because they know they could sit in a circle and fart into a microphone for an hour and their fans would still buy it.

No shit...them and Aiden fans...

I only saw Aiden once, and that was because they were opening for Hunder Revenge (Oddly the good AFI side project) and Death by stereo. I had never heard/seen them before and as soon as I came out I thought, " Awww Davey and Gerard had a few babies, and clothed them in nothing but misfits regalia. During the show the lead singer would scream at us in the front and ALL of us were so disinterested in him or his band that he was getting more and more pissed off. I couldn't help but laugh in his face on a couple of occasions... God what a worthless band