SH Mix Tape Vol 1 Raising Hell & Living Cheap FREE

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

SUBURBAN HOME RECORDS Mix Tape Volume 1 "Raising Hell & Living Cheap" CD (5 Copies FREE!)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/SHRMixTape1

Do you remember when you would discover new music by picking up compilation CDs? Long before the internet, Myspace, and Bit Torrent sites, I found out about new bands by picking up compilations like Punk Sucks, Fat Music for Fat People, Punkorama, Mailorder is Fun, and the Misfits of Ska. The internet has pretty much killed the cheapo sampler, but a few weeks back, I found myself reminiscing the discovery of new music through sampler CDs when I watched the documentary, Mixtape, Inc. The documentary followed the mixtape culture prevalent in Hip Hop and discussed the legal grey area in which they exist. Years ago, I used to make mix tapes with friends and send them out with orders and watching this documentary got me excited to do it again. I made a mix tape, had Brandon put together art, and have been burning copies of the mix on our CD burner with hopes of making 1,000 mixtapes.

I'd like to introduce you to the Suburban Home Records' Mixtape and welcome you to pick up our first volume, "Raising Hell & Living Cheap". The title was lifted from a lyric in the Tim Barry song, "Thing of the Past" which starts off this mixtape. The first 3 songs are Tim Barry tracks since I used his new album as inspiration for the mixtape. There are 24 songs on this mixtape that test the time constraints of a CDr. Of the 24 tracks about half are from Suburban Home artists. The other half are from artists I love new and old. Take a look at the track listing and you will see what I am talking about.

I want to encourage people to share these mixtapes by taking advantage of the following offer. Add this item to your cart for FREE (just pay shipping) and we will send you 5 copies of the mixtape. We ask that you please keep 1 and give 4 to friends. I also encourage you to yousend the mixtape to friends, post it on your blog, and burn it for others. I hope to mix some of your favorite artists with artists you have yet to hear and hope you can turn others on to the music we all love. Please give me your thoughts on the mixtape and know that I have more planned for the near future.

Please tell others about this mixtape and tell them to pick up some through our store. Please retweet this post and/or post it on Facebook, email, or Myspace. Thanks.

SUBURBAN HOME RECORDS Mixtape Volume 1, "Raising Hell & Living Cheap"

1 Tim Barry Thing of the Past

2 Tim Barry Shoulda Oughta

3 Tim Barry Tacoma

4 Chuck Ragan Don't Say a Word

5 William Elliott Whitmore Old Devils

6 Micah Schnabel American Static

7 The Takers Taker Easy

8 The Enablers Whatever You Like (T.I. Cover)

9 Drive-By Truckers Gravity's Gone

10 Deer Tick Straight into a Storm

11 Drag The River Lost Angel Saloon

12 Josh Small Fifteen Twenty Eye (demo)

13 Horse Feathers Curs In the Weeds

14 Have Gun Will Travel Salad Days

15 Joey Kneiser Bruised Ribs

16 Portugal. The Man People Say (Acoustic Version)

17 The Builders and The Butchers Red Hands

18 Yesterday's Ring Quebec City Blues

19 Chad Price Cursed

20 Lenny and the Piss Poor Boys Lonely Days & Whiskey Nights

21 American War Rhetoric

22 Jon Snodgrass Wild One (Thiin Lizzy Cover)

23 Lizzie Huffman Tumblers and Tea

24 Langhorne Slim I Love You, But Good Bye

I love sampler CDs. I got into Austin Lucas and Useless ID off the back of ones you guys sent me with orders, and the same with a few other labels. I'm more inclined to listen to a free comp CD than a free download for some reason.

that is awesome that you found out about both acts from one of our samplers. I decided to just give away the mixtapes on this one and figured that if people want to upload it, share it, and what not, they can.

Virgil, why do you put up free stuff after all my orders have shipped and i went over my quota of money to spend for the month! GAH :P

I put one in your order!!! I saw that you had an order and thought you might dig one. I have been helping out in back to catch up

Yeah... me too.

Will be placing an order tomorrow and I'll throw a few of these in there. Awesome.

devin, we are doinga promo with the wynkoop and will be giving a free beer token with any local orders and on Monday, december 21st, we at SH/VC are celebrating being done with the year and will be drinking beers at hte wynkoop hoping some of those free beer receipients come drink beer with us. You are invited.

Will be placing an order tomorrow and I'll throw a few of these in there. Awesome.

devin, we are doinga promo with the wynkoop and will be giving a free beer token with any local orders and on Monday, december 21st, we at SH/VC are celebrating being done with the year and will be drinking beers at hte wynkoop hoping some of those free beer receipients come drink beer with us. You are invited.

Virgil I'd love to but Monday night's are the one night a week I have to work usually until midnight or 1 am. I appreciate the offer and will make my way down for the next event!

it seems weird that the comp starts with 3 tim barry songs. i love the guy (and a lot of the bands on this comp-nice call on that DBT song, for example), but it just makes for a weird comp. shuffle those songs into the mix, or something.

I was celebrating Tim Barry with this mix since his album is our next release. I figured starting with 3 tim barry tracks would be ag reat way to have people hear him. thanks for the suggestion though

i absolutely love that langhorne slim song, and glossary is one of those bands i feel like more people should like.

great minds....

make sure you pick up a copy. You might find a few surprises.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest builtbycash

Am I supposed to go somewhere to download the mix tape and burn it onto these 5 cd's i received, because they are all blank. Everyone of them says you've inserted a blank cd. any help

Am I supposed to go somewhere to download the mix tape and burn it onto these 5 cd's i received, because they are all blank. Everyone of them says you've inserted a blank cd. any help

there was nothing on it? Email me and I will send you ones with the audio on them.

so awesome to see langhorne slim on here. if you ever get a chance to see him live, do it. trust me you won't be dissappointed. love horse feathers too.

virgil i just ordered this afternoon any chance you'd throw one in. i really don't know much about SH artists(been meaning to get around to it) the order is under andrew oberholzer. if not, no bigge.