RATM UK Xmas Number 1!

Just got the mid-week charts in at work and RATM's Killing In The Name is beating the latest X factor winner by 6000 copies and is currently sitting at number 1.

For the American dudes who might not have caught this, a couple made a facebook group asking people to buy Killing In The Name this week to see if it can knock the X Factor winner's single off number 1, so far something like 750,000 people have signed up. Simon Cowell has been whining like a little bitch about this for the last week, i'd love to see his new signing take the second spot.

Both acts are on Sony though so some exec's kids are gonna be getting some awesome presents this Christmas once that bonus comes through!

I heard about this. Was there some significance to that particular song being chosen?

"Fuck you I won't do what you tell me"

I think this idea is both awesome and stupid. Sure, I love that RATM song and I hate all of the shit Simon Cowell pumps out into the world...but he doesn't MAKE people buy it, you have to blame all of the dumbass people for buying it thinking that it's good music.

That being said, I hope it thrashes the x-factor track.

Will be interesting to see what happens when sony get the x factor CDs on the shelves tomorrow, it's gonna take a fuck of a lot of people to get the Rage song to the top, think the girl who won last year sold 500,000 in the same week?

Also, am i right in thinking there's always a christmas top of the pops show? This will be INCREDIBLE if they have to play Killing In The Name on that.

Will be interesting to see what happens when sony get the x factor CDs on the shelves tomorrow, it's gonna take a fuck of a lot of people to get the Rage song to the top, think the girl who won last year sold 500,000 in the same week?

Also, am i right in thinking there's always a christmas top of the pops show? This will be INCREDIBLE if they have to play Killing In The Name on that.

nah didn't they kill off top of the pops a few years back? i've heard they play the christmas no.1 after the queens speech...but if RATM actually manage to beat x-factor, they will just cut the song before it gets to the FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME part like they do on the radio.

nah didn't they kill off top of the pops a few years back? i've heard they play the christmas no.1 after the queens speech...but if RATM actually manage to beat x-factor, they will just cut the song before it gets to the FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME part like they do on the radio.

oh shit dude, it IS on this xmas. 2pm BBC1 right after The Santa Clause.

I heard about this. Was there some significance to that particular song being chosen?

Seems like both sides are being told what to do here. This whole thing is probably an elaborate marketing ploy from Sony.

Also, I laughed my ass off when the lady cut them off. RATM should never be censored, forced or otherwise. Kinda defeats the purpose.

"We asked them not to do it and they did it anyway."

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."

Seems like both sides are being told what to do here. This whole thing is probably an elaborate marketing ploy from Sony.

Also, I laughed my ass off when the lady cut them off. RATM should never be censored, forced or otherwise. Kinda defeats the purpose.

"We asked them not to do it and they did it anyway."

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me."

haha yeah i laughed too when the women said they asked them not to play that bit. did they really think they wouldn't!?

Guest markovianprocess

Having been one of the people who bought a few copies to boost the sales, this makes me so happy. It just goes to show what people can do when they set their minds to something.

It's just a shame that with people being so happy in the UK about this, no-one is going to be talking about how horrible the Copenhagen Summit went, and how we are all pretty much fucked unless some sort of solid agreement on climate change is put forward. Fucking China.