BCR005 - Pomegranates - Everything Is Alive LP

heard this band awhile back. they are pretty good. lujo is a good and mostly consistent label too, i wish there was some suffering & the hideous thieves full-length vinyl (hint hint). that silence the foe ep they put out was pretty decent as well. oh and brahm. best thing the label has ever touched.

a rise records vinyl release should only be allowed if it is highwire days, everyday victory, 6-minute heartstop, divit or day of less, i.e. if it has been released since 02-03 then it is a piece of shit.

Lujo definitely is a solid label. I am a big fan of Suffering, the problem is, I don't think too many other people are. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was put out on vinyl.

I was just looking at the Rise back catalog and I will say that in high school I listened to FBTMOF - Odd How People Shake and the Anatomy Of A Ghost record. But as of the past several years, they went off the deep end and are putting out some really, really, really terrible music.

Also, Everybody Come Outside will get pressed if this one does well. I'd really like to put it out, but we'll see. They are working on a new record right now and are shooting for a fall release, so maybe I'll try to sync it up with that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
heard this band awhile back. they are pretty good. lujo is a good and mostly consistent label too, i wish there was some suffering & the hideous thieves full-length vinyl (hint hint). that silence the foe ep they put out was pretty decent as well. oh and brahm. best thing the label has ever touched.

a rise records vinyl release should only be allowed if it is highwire days, everyday victory, 6-minute heartstop, divit or day of less, i.e. if it has been released since 02-03 then it is a piece of shit.

Lujo definitely is a solid label. I am a big fan of Suffering, the problem is, I don't think too many other people are. I would buy it in a heartbeat if it was put out on vinyl.

I was just looking at the Rise back catalog and I will say that in high school I listened to FBTMOF - Odd How People Shake and the Anatomy Of A Ghost record. But as of the past several years, they went off the deep end and are putting out some really, really, really terrible music.

Also, Everybody Come Outside will get pressed if this one does well. I'd really like to put it out, but we'll see. They are working on a new record right now and are shooting for a fall release, so maybe I'll try to sync it up with that.

FBTMOF is an exception, but The Devil Wears Prada, bullshit!

• 2 weeks later...

This record will be out on March 5th.

Pomegranates will be playing a vinyl release show in Cincinnati on that date and there will be a show edition limited to 50 with screen obi strips available only at that show (and maybe their SXSW show.)

Thanks winston! Glad you don't hate them.

This record will be out on March 5th.

Pomegranates will be playing a vinyl release show in Cincinnati on that date and there will be a show edition limited to 50 with screen obi strips available only at that show (and maybe their SXSW show.)

Thanks winston! Glad you don't hate them.

i will definitely be attending buddy. you should hold #50/50 for me ;)

what venue? mad hatter.

• 2 weeks later...

Pomegranates are hitting the road for some dates with Jookabox, SXSW break, then Aloha. Check it out:

Fr Mar 5 Newport KY Southgate House – Vinyl Release!

Tu Mar 9 Bloomington IN Video Saloon ^

We Mar 10 Louisville KY Zanzabar ^

Th Mar 11 Nashville TN The End ^

Fr Mar 12 Athens GA Caledonia Lounge ^

Su Mar 14 Denton TX NX35 ^

Mo Mar 15 Houston TX The Mink ^

Tu Mar 16 Austin TX Art Disaster SXSW Preparty – Beauty Bar

We Mar 17 Austin TX SXSW

Th Mar 18 Austin TX SXSW- Maggie Mae’s

Fr Mar 19 Austin TX SXSW

Sa Mar 20 Austin TX SXSW

Fr Apr 2 Athens OH Casa Cantina