Al Gore and the Nobel Peace Prize

people are all like "now that he has the prize, will he run in 2008??" i dont think he should.

In one sense I wish he would, because the thought of another Clinton disgusts me, but then again, he's probably more like Jimmy Carter and can do a lot more good outside of politics.

I have no idea why the Clintons get so vitriol directed at them. Frankly I just plain like Bill. I was too young to get a real good feel for his impact on the country but from what I could glean he was on the whole good for the US.

In one sense I wish he would, because the thought of another Clinton disgusts me, but then again, he's probably more like Jimmy Carter and can do a lot more good outside of politics.

I have no idea why the Clintons get so vitriol directed at them. Frankly I just plain like Bill. I was too young to get a real good feel for his impact on the country but from what I could glean he was on the whole good for the US.

No particular slam against Bill, but this is the problem I have:

1989-93 Bush

1993-2001 Clinton

2001-2009-Bush

2009-? Clinton?

Essentially my whole political life two families have been leading this country, and its not like they are particularly visionary or have great ideas to fix some of the problems we have in the country, and the problems the US has caused around the globe. Plus, Bill was lucky, the economy was doing well and his term really only looks great considering who's in office now.

No particular slam against Bill, but this is the problem I have:

1989-93 Bush

1993-2001 Clinton

2001-2009-Bush

2009-? Clinton?

Essentially my whole political life two families have been leading this country, and its not like they are particularly visionary or have great ideas to fix some of the problems we have in the country, and the problems the US has caused around the globe. Plus, Bill was lucky, the economy was doing well and his term really only looks great considering who's in office now.

I can certainly see the fault in having the same families run the country for so long but that said I think categorizing Bill as lucky is unfair. Best of my knowledge the economy wasn't doing too well at all.

I will say I like Hillary's idea for health care. This country desperately needs it and she's had the idea for years and years. I also believe with Bill as a aid Hillary could smooth over many of the problems Dubya has introduced with his acerbic style of governing and carrying himself.

In general though, until politicians can forget about getting re-elected and can focus on governing this country is going to be a partisan quagmire it'll never get out of. To that end Bill had some great ideas when he was on the Daily Show last week.

• 6 years later...