THE FELIX CULPA Sever Your Roots 2xLP ON SALE NOW!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got that album on a hot topic clearance last year and thought it was good.

It came with a download code which I tried to use and was told it expired when I tried to redeem it. I thought that sucked, and I'm still mad about it.

If only there were a way to contact the guy who put the record out... Oh well, lost cause.

Yes, that will certainly inspire me to buy more releases on your label, well played indeed.

If only there were a way to contact the guy who put the record out... Oh well, lost cause.

Yes, that will certainly inspire me to buy more releases on your label, well played indeed.

How am I supposed to offer proper customer service if the customer never lets me know there is a problem? You could have emailed me as soon as you found out the download code no longer worked (as a number of people have) and it would've been resolved in minutes. It's not like I'm hard to get a hold of.

How am I supposed to offer proper customer service if the customer never lets me know there is a problem? You could have emailed me as soon as you found out the download code no longer worked (as a number of people have) and it would've been resolved in minutes. It's not like I'm hard to get a hold of.

So instead of seeing my post and thinking "hey, here's a guy who bought one of my records and had a problem that seemed to have left a sour taste in his mouth, I think I will message him and send him a code to make it right" you decided "hey, here's a guy who bought one of my records and had a problem, I think I'll post some smarmy asshole response and alienate him which will likely deter him from ever buying one of my releases again. Oh and the guy writes for a couple of popular music sites too, maybe he'll write about this bad experience and cost me even more potential customers. At least I made a few message board kids laugh though"

Yeah you made the correct choice...

So instead of seeing my post and thinking "hey, here's a guy who bought one of my records and had a problem that seemed to have left a sour taste in his mouth, I think I will message him and send him a code to make it right" you decided "hey, here's a guy who bought one of my records and had a problem, I think I'll post some smarmy asshole response and alienate him which will likely deter him from ever buying one of my releases again. Oh and the guy writes for a couple of popular music sites too, maybe he'll write about this bad experience and cost me even more potential customers. At least I made a few message board kids laugh though"

Yeah you made the correct choice...

Act like a smarmy asshole, get a smarmy asshole response.

Here's the truth:

When the Felix Culpa signed to No Sleep Records, the label asked that they halt selling digital downloads of this record on their Bandcamp page (since obviously it would hinder No Sleep selling the album). The download cards in my records were made by the band and were linked to their Bandcamp page, so they all became inactive at the same time once the band took the album offline. I immediately updated the information on the product page so no one would think it came with a digital-download card anymore, but for the copies already out in the world at Hot Topic, Interpunk, No Idea, Shopradiocast, etc., there was nothing I could do.

I'm sorry you feel so slighted, even though you did nothing on your end to try and let me know there was a problem (except for making the initial complaint in this thread, presumably months after you bought it). You can download the record here, if you still wish to have it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?udthxqim3gi

• 6 months later...

In honor of the Felix Culpa's documentary being released (you should definitely watch it, btw: http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/premiere_the_felix_culpa_to_we_the_nearly_departed_documentary ), get 10% off a copy of "Sever Your Roots" by using the coupon code "DEPARTED." This album is nearly sold out and will never be re-pressed!

http://youthconspiracy.bigcartel.com/product/sever-your-roots

In honor of the Felix Culpa's documentary being released (you should definitely watch it, btw: http://www.altpress.com/aptv/video/premiere_the_felix_culpa_to_we_the_nearly_departed_documentary ), get 10% off a copy of "Sever Your Roots" by using the coupon code "DEPARTED." This album is nearly sold out and will never be re-pressed!

Ordered!

• 1 month later...

Just cleaned out the YCR "warehouse" (aka my home office) and found four copies of "Sever Your Roots" on clear/black mix vinyl. These were limited to 50 and are long since out of print. They're in the YCR webstore right now, so first come, first served!

EDIT: Already sold one. Down to three.