Messenger Bag Opinions

Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking of picking up a new messenger bag and was curious if anyone had some opinions on bags out there. I'm kind of looking at Chrome and Timbuk2 right now. I'm not limiting myself, but that's kind of the direction I'm looking at right now.

Chances are I'll pick up a bike this year, but not right away. So I'll probably use that in the future. Usually I don't plan on carrying too much (and 90% sure not my laptop). I like both for the way they feel when carried.

Basically I'm looking for something to last a while.

Also if you can't stand something, let me know!

Thanks!

i have had a Timbuk2 for years and they're awesome and sturdy. don't get whatever brand has the belt buckle clip, your friends can relentlessly fuck with you by hitting that release button and dumping your shit everywhere, whenever they feel like it.

Haha...that's chrome, have you had that happen Justin????

i have had a Timbuk2 for years and they're awesome and sturdy. don't get whatever brand has the belt buckle clip, your friends can relentlessly fuck with you by hitting that release button and dumping your shit everywhere, whenever they feel like it.

I've had one of my Timbuk2s for about ten years... It's solid! However, I'd definitely get the shoulder pad option, just the bare strap can be a bit brutal on your shoulder and neck when carrying full pack...

Also, if you're into the whole custom thing, check out Reload in Philly. They're expensive, but their bags hold up and you can pretty much get anything you're looking for in a messenger bag...

reloadbags.com

Haha...that's chrome, have you had that happen Justin????

not to me, but I've seen my roommate do this to countless hipster kids art parties and shows.

Ditch your messenger bag and buy from the best bag company in the US/business right now: www.tombihn.com

They seem pricey but those things are build to withstand anything. I have the Smart Alec backpack paired with their vertical Brain Cell for my Macbook and their Snake Charmer. Seriously. It's worth the investment.

Tell them I sent you.

Ditch your messenger bag and buy from the best bag company in the US/business right now: www.tombihn.com

They seem pricey but those things are build to withstand anything. I have the Smart Alec backpack paired with their vertical Brain Cell for my Macbook and their Snake Charmer. Seriously. It's worth the investment.

Tell them I sent you.

looks like basically the same price as a Timbuk2, but a little more fashionable.

Tell them I sent you.

looks like basically the same price as a Timbuk2, but a little more fashionable.

They're HUGE. The Smart Alec doesnt really look like it, but I lived out of it for 4 days on a weekend tour. Including my computer and clothes for all 4 days, a hoodie, my DSLR camera, and various odds and ends.

I'm not really sure about all these cool brands, but I've had a Dickies bag for 4-5 years now and it holds a bunch of stuff and is still in great shape. I got it at a Spencers for like, 10 bucks. I think they're normally $20 or so.

i have had one for almost 5 years and it still holds up when i need it.