goodbye latterman !

this is one of my favorite bands. everyone in this band was really nice, but it was exactly what was posted, some of them were the most negative people i've ever met. some of them also had this standard of punk rock that was just insane.

i still get the feeling though that that "statement", wasn't official and was taken from somewhere it shouldn't have been taken from.

hooray for DE.

yeah they were a good band, but they weren't overly prolific or influential.

i'd like to see OH's on bands like the bosstones, they might be giants, fugazi (altho this one might have happened), nofx, bad brains etc

Bosstones is in the works.

We tried to do Bad Brains and it was a giant clusterfuck.

I've pitched Fugazi before but it's not like those dudes do press.

NOFX -- good idea. Maybe when the next record comes out.

TMBG -- LOL

From Punknews.org:

Latterman has split up. They explained: Bassist Matt Canino sent the following to Punknews.org:

We were a band for 7 years and it was time to not be a band anymore. I was in New York less and less and there was some record label stress and things were just getting too weird with the shows we were getting asked to play, the things we were getting asked to do, and the way we felt the band was being perceived.

Personally, I don't give a shit about "being positive" or whatever that meant when we were all 18, and the most people seemed to be getting out of the band was "how important friendships are." Well how fucking boring is that? No shit friendships are important, but I think that was far away from the messages we were trying to convey with Latterman.

I Felt like a broken record going on tour and talking about sexism in punk rock every night and then some fucking bro-dudes coming up to me and saying some fucked up shit. I even got to a point where I stopped calling them out on it, and that just felt wrong. I was tired. Basically, it just stopped making sense for everyone in the band to keep on doing the band.

The band released ...We Are Still Alive in 2006.

Update:The following was omitted and seems integral to Matt's message:

This doesn't sum up how pat, phil, and brian feel obviously, or even all of my feelings on it, but I guess it's a concise version of what happened. We are all still friends.

Anybody mail off their 4 bucks yet for the 7"?

From Punknews.org:

While rumors and sightings have been circulating and happening for a few months months, details on latter-Latterman projects have been fairly scarce. Shortly after driving the official nail in Latterman's coffin, Matt Canino spilled the beans on his new project Shorebirds to Punknews.org via email. Simply put, the coastal avian is operating out of Olympia, WA, and has self-released a 7" which is available via mailorder.

The band also features Chris Bauermeister, perhaps best known for his work in seminal punk act Jawbreaker. The band will not be releasing the songs online yet so (in Matt's words) "people are actually going to have to wait a bit before they hear the songs."

As previously reported, the band is currently trying to work out a release with Rat Patrol Records.

Enterprising youths can mail $4 to Mr. Canino for a copy of their self-released 7" now. You can find the address below. Expect a review soon.

315 Steele st. NE

Olympia, WA

Bosstones is in the works.

We tried to do Bad Brains and it was a giant clusterfuck.

I've pitched Fugazi before but it's not like those dudes do press.

NOFX -- good idea. Maybe when the next record comes out.

TMBG -- LOL

I've seen you do bands who are still together, but typically they've been bands that have hung it up. Is there a protocol into how you decide who is worthy or do you just kinda ask around the office?

- Jeff

We like to time them around something eventful happening with the band (i.e. JEW's new record just came out, we did Coalesce/Botch right at the time of their reissues, we did Rocket From The Crypt when they were breaking up, etc.). But we're always looking for suggestions.

We like to time them around something eventful happening with the band (i.e. JEW's new record just came out, we did Coalesce/Botch right at the time of their reissues, we did Rocket From The Crypt when they were breaking up, etc.). But we're always looking for suggestions.

Less Than Jake?

- Jeff

YES! That would be a great one.

I'd like to see a Joe Strummer one

Great idea in theory, but when the main character of your oral history is dead, it doesn't really work.

I heard a little bit of an interview on xm the other day, and there is a new documentary coming about strummer. anybody know anything about it. i didnt catch the name or release date

Anybody mail off their 4 bucks yet for the 7"?

From Punknews.org:

While rumors and sightings have been circulating and happening for a few months months, details on latter-Latterman projects have been fairly scarce. Shortly after driving the official nail in Latterman's coffin, Matt Canino spilled the beans on his new project Shorebirds to Punknews.org via email. Simply put, the coastal avian is operating out of Olympia, WA, and has self-released a 7" which is available via mailorder.

The band also features Chris Bauermeister, perhaps best known for his work in seminal punk act Jawbreaker. The band will not be releasing the songs online yet so (in Matt's words) "people are actually going to have to wait a bit before they hear the songs."

As previously reported, the band is currently trying to work out a release with Rat Patrol Records.

Enterprising youths can mail $4 to Mr. Canino for a copy of their self-released 7" now. You can find the address below. Expect a review soon.

315 Steele st. NE

Olympia, WA

I probably will tomorrow...

Great idea in theory, but when the main character of your oral history is dead, it doesn't really work.

I heard a little bit of an interview on xm the other day, and there is a new documentary coming about strummer. anybody know anything about it. i didnt catch the name or release date

It's called "The Future Is Unwritten," and it comes out in "selected markets" or whatever on Nov. 2.