Turntables and Records in Movies/TV

I just finished watching a decent movie called How to Lose Friends and Alienate People with Simon Pegg and it's been the fifth movie/tv show in the last two days I've come across with a focus on records.

In a couple scenes he puts on a record in his appartment, but the most important one is when he buys Kirsten Dunst a La Dolce Vita record and she says, "but I don't own a turntable"

Have you all noticed in movies/tv shows, old and new, a specific scene focusing on records? Let me know!

Here are my five that I can remember:

• [*:wqj72aco]]Seven Pounds (Will Smith and the hottie Rosario Dawson) - scene where she puts on her favorite record/song for Big Willy
    [*:wqj72aco]]How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (already mentioned)
    [*:wqj72aco]]Adventureland (twilight chick Kristen Stewart and a nerd) - a couple great scenes where Kristen puts on a record, very good zoomed-in shots
    [*:wqj72aco]]Twilight Zone - tv episode with a young boy who runs the town and everyone's scared of him -- he makes a guy's head turn into a jack-in-the-box because he rebelled from not being able to listen to his Perry Como record he received for his bday
    [*:wqj72aco]]Everybody Loves Raymond I came in at the end when something about Robert getting Frank old jazz albums that he prefers over Ray's CD gifts -- he puts on a record at the end and says something like, "now that's music"

I usually take a mental note when I see records in movies/tv shows, so this is just off the top of my head:

Garden State: when the main character enters the girl's room.

Whip it: Ellen Page up in the attic.

Lost: when they enter that underground thing.

One Tree Hill: Peyton and her mom has records.

500 days of summer: in the record shop.

Someone already mentioned this, but the TV show Lost has scenes revolving around records quite a bit. Desmond has a pretty large record collection in the hatch, if I remember correctly, and in the most recent season, they use the analogy of a skipping record to describe how time travel operates.

Someone already mentioned this, but the TV show Lost has scenes revolving around records quite a bit. Desmond has a pretty large record collection in the hatch, if I remember correctly, and in the most recent season, they use the analogy of a skipping record to describe how time travel operates.

Damn I feel like I should watch that show now haha

Apparently Youth In Revolt has an extended discussion about the superiority of vinyl to other formats.

Oh Michael Cera.

I think I saw the HBO first look or some other first look and I know he talks aboutttt breaking records too -- ah i can't remember.....oh michael cera

as for reign over me -- i haven't seen that yet! any good?

Guest eriathomas

In the game Bayonetta, you collect records to get new weapon upgrades, and one of the achievements is "Record Collector". Left 4 Dead 2 had a jukebox that plays 45 looking records you can cycle through.