Turntables and Records in Movies/TV

The beginning of the Education Connection commercial starts with a USB turntable.

God do I hate that commercial and song that will no doubt be stuck in my head all day.

Haha I (thankfully) don't think they play that commercial in VA, but sounds like you're going to have an awesome day.

and to TattooMike - I literally had a dream last week I couldn't be satisfied with how my records were organized so when I woke up I sat on the floor like a five year old at the christmas tree and went through them all -- my back hurt by the end, but it was worth it haha

Someone already mentioned this, but the TV show Lost has scenes revolving around records quite a bit. Desmond has a pretty large record collection in the hatch, if I remember correctly, and in the most recent season, they use the analogy of a skipping record to describe how time travel operates.

Damn I feel like I should watch that show now haha

You totally should! I'm sure my post made absolutely no sense to people who haven't seen it before, but I love it so much.

Damn I feel like I should watch that show now haha

You totally should! I'm sure my post made absolutely no sense to people who haven't seen it before, but I love it so much.

Haha well I probably should have not admitted that because I noticed someone smited me soon after it posted. Regardless, that's pretty sweet.

and to JWOWW - "Chronologically?" - No ... "Alphabetical" - Nope ... "What?" - Autobiographical!!! ... "No fucking way"

great damn scene!

I usually take a mental note when I see records in movies/tv shows, so this is just off the top of my head:

Lost: when they enter that underground thing.

That's what I thought of right off the bat. That record player is in a few episodes. I missed the second half of season 5 when it was on TV and I'm getting caught up right now. Shit's crazy. Season 6 will blow my mind.

Guest lacesout
Apparently Youth In Revolt has an extended discussion about the superiority of vinyl to other formats.

Oh Michael Cera.

was about to post this :)

Seinfeld, when Newman and Kramer try and sell" the old man's records to what is supposed to be "bleaker bobs" in NYC. The guy who played the asshole store clerk can't even come close to how much of a scumbag Bleaker Bob is or was.

Also, "no way out" Brigette Fonda wants a record player and some Nina Simone records. Great flick.

Seinfeld, when Newman and Kramer try and sell" the old man's records to what is supposed to be "bleaker bobs" in NYC. The guy who played the asshole store clerk can't even come close to how much of a scumbag Bleaker Bob is or was.

that dude went on to be Jigsaw in all the Saw movies, i think that's fucking great