4 Wilco/ Wilco 13,200

5 Fleet Foxes/ Fleet Foxes 12,700

6 Backspacer/ Pearl Jam 12,500

7 Veckatimest/ Grizzly Bear 11,600

8 Appetite for Destruction/ Guns N’ Roses 11,500

9 Big Whiskey & the.../Dave Matthews Band 11,500

10. In Rainbows/ Radiohead 11,400

2009 TOP TEN VINYL ARTISTS

(based on vinyl album sales from 12/29/2008-1/3/2010)

Artist Units Sold

1 Radiohead 45,700

2 Beatles 38,800

3 Michael Jackson 30,400

4 Metallica 30,200

5 Wilco 29,600

6 Bob Dylan 24,500

7 Animal Collective 20,600

8 Pearl Jam 19,900

9 Bon Iver 17,100

10. Iron & Wine 16,600

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100106007077&newsLang=en

there's no way those numbers are correct. in addition to adam pointing out that supposedly only 600 copies of michael jackson records that were not thriller were sold last year...

why would abbey road have sold nearly 35,000 copies by itself, but the entire rest of the beatles insanely huge vinyl discography have only sold 4,000 copies?

there's no way those numbers are correct. in addition to adam pointing out that supposedly only 600 copies of michael jackson records that were not thriller were sold last year...

why would abbey road have sold nearly 35,000 copies by itself, but the entire rest of the beatles insanely huge vinyl discography have only sold 4,000 copies?

Abbey Road is obviously in print, I see it all the time. What else is currently in print?

Abbey Road is obviously in print, I see it all the time. What else is currently in print?

i don't remember which titles for sure off the top of my head, but when i would go into the record shop down at school last year (which was during the time period being accounted for) i definitely saw more than just Abbey Road in the "new arrivals" bin.

i don't remember which titles for sure off the top of my head, but when i would go into the record shop down at school last year (which was during the time period being accounted for) i definitely saw more than just Abbey Road in the "new arrivals" bin.

Might be imports. This list is only domestic stuff. Abbey Road is the only domestic one I ever see. But I don't go looking for them, either.

As far as I know, the only Beatles LP in print is Abbey Road. Those extra sales were probably of that deluxe Abbey Road that came out a few months ago (which would've had a different barcode and thus a different Soundscan tally).

I also don't think any other MJ records are still in print domesticqlly besides Thriller.