Do you own a tape deck?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tapes are great! I've found some rad tapes from Goodwill a few times. (Metal Circus and Candy Apple Grey, a bunch of Rollins Band tapes, a bunch of awesome metal.)

Kinda, i have an old Walkman i can use if i want to listen to tapes but never do. Only really buy tapes if it is something i have downloaded that i want to pay for. (Iron Chic demo for example). I also have a few classic rock tapes i picked up from charity shops to play in rental cars/vans.

By the way I have a special connection to tapes because a friends mixtape with CIV, Gorilla Bisuits, Suicidal etc introduced me to Hardcore/Punkrck! 2 weeks later I bought the selftitled H2O 7inch. Damn I used to own Dookie by Green Day on tape... Why the hell did I sell this tape? I really try to find a modern tapedeck because I would like to put my Inside Out demo on another tape. If my tapedeck would EAT this I would jump out of the window, haha

I have the German answer to the boomboxes back then. A "Telefunken" boombox hahahhahaa

Guest errolwest
I Have a tape deck, alot of really great independent artists release alot of stuff exclusively on tapes! like Virtual Cavern And that dude everywhere.

me and virtual cavern just did a split cassette together!

• 10 months later...
If anyone is interested in NON punk/hardcore mixtapes hit me up. I've been making a lot of these lately live w/ two turntables + mixer, usually 45s only. Usually either 60s soul and rhythm & blues or 60s ska and skinhead reggae.

I'd be so into this. That's how I make my mixtapes as well. I could trade an 80s/New Wave/Darkwave type of tape if you'd be into that

If anyone is interested in NON punk/hardcore mixtapes hit me up. I've been making a lot of these lately live w/ two turntables + mixer, usually 45s only. Usually either 60s soul and rhythm & blues or 60s ska and skinhead reggae.

I'd be so into this. That's how I make my mixtapes as well. I could trade an 80s/New Wave/Darkwave type of tape if you'd be into that

I'd be down for this as well... 8-)