records everyone else seems to want, but you don't

inspired by my question in the other thread about if there's anyone that DOESN'T want a copy of jane doe...

is there anything out there that people seem to die over and spend a bajillion dollars but you just have no interest in owning?

for me, it's all of the fall of troy stuff. and whatever record someone just posted about that sold for like $450, i don't even remember what it was, but i remember thinking "why would anyone pay that much for that record?"

A lot of people on this board are really into Alkaline Trio and Against Me! I have absolutley no interest in either.

I agree 50% with that one. I personally can't stand AM!...I just do not see what the big deal is about them...I have seen them numerous times here in Florida...not by choice...it's always as opening band...although I give them credit for putting on a good show and getting the crowd into it. But not for me...I just can't get into their music at all.

I'm sure I've made enemies with half the board now. Oh well. ;)

Against Me, Brand New (never even heard them), Converge, Botch, pretty much all the lame instrumental metal bands out there these days, and someone posted a link about a Warzone 7" that was going for like 600 bucks. Warzone is/was the worst hardcore band ever. Pretty much most new bands in general, I feel old...

Guest scriptedrain
Against Me, Brand New (never even heard them), Converge, Botch, pretty much all the lame instrumental metal bands out there these days, and someone posted a link about a Warzone 7" that was going for like 600 bucks. Warzone is/was the worst hardcore band ever. Pretty much most new bands in general, I feel old...

Check out Brand New - Deja Entendu sometime.

- Jeff

Check out Brand New - Deja Entendu sometime.

- Jeff

I second that! Great record!

dude, bold was WAY worse than warzone.

dude, bold was WAY worse than warzone.

Yeah, I stand corrected. I think it was the outrageous price for the 7" that sparked my disbelief that anyone would be willing to pay that much for a warzone record. Burn also belongs in this category of extremely overrated hardcore bands.