Finfal Fantasy VII remake on PS3?

i know this may be taking the nerdness on the board to a whole new level but my girlfriend, who works at best buy, told me that final fantasy VII for PS3 is listed in best buy's computers with a release date of nov. 15, 2007.

anyone else work at any video game stores, etc. seen this anywhere? im of course skeptical but a total FF nerd.

I seriously doubt this will ever happen. There has been speculation about it since the early ps2 days, but not even any piece of concrete evidence. I think people think it will happen on ps3, since square re-did the opening for the ps3 technical demo. I'm sure it'd be in Square-Enix's best interest to do it, since so many fanboys want it done, but I think the classics should be left classics and I hope this never happens. I m way more interested in FFXIII anyway.

i got about half way through FFXII as well and then started a new job. id like to finish it though, i was enjoying it way more than X.

personally, im skeptical on the FFVII but man would it make me happy. its definitely my favorite. though sometimes i think square's apprehension to do it is because no matter what they do people may not feel it lives up to the original. i dont know. id be happy if they kept everything the same and just updated graphics, etc. i read that in the booklet of crisis core on PSP theres a teaser that contains images of the FFVII tech demo they did for PS3 that says something to the effect of "Someday we hope to meet Final Fantasy VII again!" though i havent seen this for myself.

when you think about it, if Square COULD keep it under wraps it would be genius if it just was released suddenly. imagine that mad rush there would be to get PS3--and just in time for the holidays. i dunno, just thoughts but probably wishful thinking.

i got about half way through FFXII as well and then started a new job. id like to finish it though, i was enjoying it way more than X.

personally, im skeptical on the FFVII but man would it make me happy. its definitely my favorite. though sometimes i think square's apprehension to do it is because no matter what they do people may not feel it lives up to the original. i dont know. id be happy if they kept everything the same and just updated graphics, etc. i read that in the booklet of crisis core on PSP theres a teaser that contains images of the FFVII tech demo they did for PS3 that says something to the effect of "Someday we hope to meet Final Fantasy VII again!" though i havent seen this for myself.

when you think about it, if Square COULD keep it under wraps it would be genius if it just was released suddenly. imagine that mad rush there would be to get PS3--and just in time for the holidays. i dunno, just thoughts but probably wishful thinking.

is what the pictures from the crisis core thing are from.

is what the pictures from the crisis core thing are from.

yes, thats what i was referring to.

As much as I love the final fantasy games, I've realized that they are so easy for RPGs. I've been playing Persona 3 for about 25 hours now and it is really challenging and I am loving every second of it. Any RPG fan should play it.

Hopefully once Christmas rolls around I'll have enough to get a PS3 (after a new turntable), so I can be ready for FFXIII and Versus.

Edit: What's everyone's favorite FF game? I'll go with FFX, perfect blend of story and gameplay despite being quite linear. It was also my first RPG, so it'll always stick with me. Also To Zanarkand is an amazing opening song. I recently imported FFX: International so I can play it again with a new sphere grid, a new boss, and dark aeons.

FFX->FFVII->FFVIII->FFXII->FFX-2

I loved the new battle system in XII, but the story was so boring and once I beat it I felt almost cheated on the story and how minor some people are.

I have liked all of them...and I have been playing them since they were on the Nintendo console! Yeah...I am THAT old. The one though, that I completely hated was IX...having come off VIII and its graphics, IX felt like a step backwards. Graphics and story.

But all-time favorite of forced to choose: A toss-up between X and VII...although I am really digging XII (even if I am only halfway).

I have liked all of them...and I have been playing them since they were on the Nintendo console! Yeah...I am THAT old. The one though, that I completely hated was IX...having come off VIII and its graphics, IX felt like a step backwards. Graphics and story.

But all-time favorite of forced to choose: A toss-up between X and VII...although I am really digging XII (even if I am only halfway).

I also hated IX. I could never get fully in it, so I always quit after I started it. I hated the story, the characters, and the setting of the game.

FFVI -> FFVII -> FFIV -> the rest, still have to play XII though. I may try to have someone get it for me for christmas, but I think it would be second chair to Persona 3 for my week off in December...

Persona 3 is great, it's just really long. I am only 25 hours in and probably only like 1/4 done.

Edit: You're from Norton? That is really close to me.

if this remake is ever happening, it's not coming out in 3 weeks haha

it would be in japan months before the US because it would need to be translated

i think they'll remake it, because they've remade just about every final fantasy before it

right now they're remaking FF4 (which was 2 on Super NES) in 3D for the Nintendo DS

And to whoever said they wouldn't remake FF7 because they'd be afraid it wouldn't live up to the original, I disagree. Square-Enix is ALL about rereleasing/remaking old games.