gift for mom and dad

i just know my new salary.so happy that it gain 35% of old salary.

and i ever plan i will buy some girft for my parents.

d' you have any advice ?

i spent many $$$ per year for buy some vice like vinyl,tee shirt,magazine and books for myself and i think 200 usd for buy something for give 'em is not a problem.

:)

These days, I'll just buy my dad a couple records from whatever crazy genre he's listening to these days, and my mom usually gets a book or something. I feel bad, because usually I want gifts that they could actually use. Last one was a TiVo and the one before was building a new computer for my mom to use.

These days, I'll just buy my dad a couple records from whatever crazy genre he's listening to these days, and my mom usually gets a book or something. I feel bad, because usually I want gifts that they could actually use. Last one was a TiVo and the one before was building a new computer for my mom to use.

Does your dad actually listen to vinyl records or did you mean CDs? Either way, I know what you mean by the last part.

- Jeff

HAHA My dad's vinyl collection is what got me started with music in general. He's got a lot of hard rock/metal/rock LPs from the 60-70s. He pretty much stopped buying music once me and my brother were born. He told me that responsibility had set in and he figured he should move on. But yeah he first played me dark side of the moon on vinyl after I got Nirvana's Nevermind and made him listen to it. Basically I owe him a lot when it comes to music. He encouraged me to pick up violin and read sheet music, then got me a my first guitar. Always was on my back about practicing. He kept saying that a lot of artists these days have lost the art of the guitar solo. I took him to a Reggie and the Full Effect show recently and his only complaint was the lack of guitar solos in the songs. What's even more awesome is that I then played some dragonforce for him and he complained of too much and too fast solo.

Recently he's gone back to listening to a lot of Rhythm and Blues and old Jazz stuff. He has some crappy tastes in country, but that's what he gets for listening to Don Imus.