Record Player questions

Ok so I have a few questions about record players, amps, and speakers.

I have an Ionttusb10.

I know it is made to rip records to Mp3 and that works fine for me.

I have it currently hooked up to a crappy stereo that I found at my house.

The Stereo itself has a record player but it's warped or something, doesnt work to well. I have two crappy computer speakers hooked up to the stereo so the sound works, but it is so god awful and quiet.

I am looking for some information on how I could make this sound better.

The Ion table has a red and white output that are plugged into the stereo. The stereo seems to be very old, so i guess I am looking for a cheap good amplifier or something.

If anyone has any advice or information, I'd love to hear it!

It needs a phono preamp to work with your stereo.

im not sure what these do, but I looked them up and it looks like it just connects the player to the stereo so the speakers will work. my speakers work, I just am wondering if I just need a new stereo to have more speakers? there are only two speaker inputs. I've got a whole system for my computer with subwoofer and all but I cant seem to get it plugged into the stereo.

im not sure what these do, but I looked them up and it looks like it just connects the player to the stereo so the speakers will work. my speakers work, I just am wondering if I just need a new stereo to have more speakers? there are only two speaker inputs. I've got a whole system for my computer with subwoofer and all but I cant seem to get it plugged into the stereo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

That's a bit oversimplified. A pre-amp is needed to first add gain and tonal correction. It brings the signal up to, I believe, line level. Its a REQUIREMENT unless you've got one built in to your table.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupidity

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douchebag

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-10-Recording-Turntable-Audacity/dp/B000PZQPP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1263956615&sr=8-2

is that what you have? the description says it has "Switchable Phono/Line-level RCA output (with built-in pre-amp)" so there's probably a switch on the back or something to turn on the pre-amp

the ion tables have a switch on the back for phono/line like harryq says. i forget which one i have switched on, but one sounds like shit, the other doesn't. also check the output volume on the turntable too, it may be turned down.

depending on your computer speakers audio connection, and if your stereo has a headphone jack, use that.

the ion tables have a switch on the back for phono/line like harryq says. i forget which one i have switched on, but one sounds like shit, the other doesn't. also check the output volume on the turntable too, it may be turned down.

depending on your computer speakers audio connection, and if your stereo has a headphone jack, use that.

Yeah with that turntable, you don't need a pre amp.

An easy way to plug into your computer is to get a "Y" cable with 2 female RCA (red/white) and one 1/8" jack (same a headphone jacks). Plug your 2 red/white RCA cables into the "Y" and the 1/8" jack into your "line in" (or microphone jack if you don't have a "line in") into your computer. Check your sound control panel to make sure volumes are OK and you're set! You can now easily create MP3s from your records.

You should also set your integrated PreAmp switch at ON.

Hope that helps.

An easy way to plug into your computer is to get a "Y" cable with 2 female RCA (red/white) and one 1/8" jack (same a headphone jacks). Plug your 2 red/white RCA cables into the "Y" and the 1/8" jack into your "line in" (or microphone jack if you don't have a "line in") into your computer. Check your sound control panel to make sure volumes are OK and you're set! You can now easily create MP3s from your records.

You should also set your integrated PreAmp switch at ON.

Hope that helps.

Note, this only works with desktops, not laptops.