I've lost all hope for Epitaph as a label

Epitaph signed Story of the Year. And Mr Brett was behind it. My head hurts.

From my first time seeing Story of the Year light up the stage of the tiny Troubadour club like a torch, to soon thereafter seeing them light up every TV screen across America, I always regretted that I hadn’t come across them just a little sooner and perhaps have had the chance to sign them, All I can say is I’m finally redeemed! This is a very big deal for Epitaph. - Mr. Brett

Just sign the Bravery and get it over with.

yeah but converge is a no brainer... thats like saying.. shit maybe i should sign the bosstones, or any other band at the top of their respective genre.

it kills me because i grew up on epitaph, and they released scores of amazing records ... and now it seems like they're just releasing crap that apes whatever is currently toping the charts... ie second rate my chemical romance / afi clones, brand new wanna bees and other such crap.

• 2 weeks later...
as long as Epitaph keeps putting out Bad Religion and Bouncing Souls records, they get a lifetime pass as far as im concerned.

backed.

Seems everyone kinda forgets that there are some good bands on epitaph. Sure not what tey once were and not what i grew up with but Brett must be doing somthing right to have had the souls stay on for 10 years, HWM did 3 albums, and when the draft came about they went with epitaph. I know this because i saw the draft at like thier 3rd show and Chris wollard told me he was worried to find a label and asked if he was retarted hahahaha

Yeah most of the roster is crap, no argument about that. But im sure most people here own an epitaph release from the last 3 to 5 years...

Epitaph and Anti- have Tom Waits, Converge, Neko Case and Weakerthans. That's all I can think of, but that's about all I need out of any label.

epitaph released fucking dangerdoom! i know most of you dont listen to hip hop but that was the best album of 2005. and dont forget about sage francis (also hip hop). just because they dont have "punk" acts who are too good to stay with them doesnt mean they suck as a label. theyre starting to accept different types of artists to their label and i hate that theyre getting called out for it. sorry guys... (here come the -1's)

edit: story of the year is THE best live show in post hardcore... nobody else does backflips off of their amps in the middle of a breakdown... rediculous energy!