Should I get a new phone?

Duuude I have the Droid. The Eris one has no keyboard, and is a pain in the ass. I ponyd up the extra 100 and got the Droid. It is the fastest phone I've ever used web wise, and it is a really easy phone to get use to.

I just went through this and couldn't be happier with my decision.

Duuude I have the Droid. The Eris one has no keyboard, and is a pain in the ass. I ponyd up the extra 100 and got the Droid. It is the fastest phone I've ever used web wise, and it is a really easy phone to get use to.

I just went through this and couldn't be happier with my decision.

Same here.

You could always get an unlocked nexus one and use that on verizon

Actually you can't. The Nexus One is currently only T-Mobile (and AT&T if you don't want 3G).

If you're thinking Eris, I'd spend the extra and get the Droid.

If you can wait, the Nexus One will be available on Verizon in March.

But from all the speculation going around, Apple and Verizon are working on putting the iPhone out. Maybe give it a few months and see of any announcements. But again, its just rumors and speculation at this point.

I wouldn't count on this at all right now.

Apple and AT&T might be tighter than we think. Especially with the iPad having a 3G connection via AT&T.

Actually you can't. The Nexus One is currently only T-Mobile (and AT&T if you don't want 3G).

Interesting, I was not aware of this fact.

edit: also part of me wants to use my tax rebate to by a nexus one. I am really starting to hate the mytouch

Nexus does have a newer version of Android. I do believe the Nexus is also actually less bulky but I haven't seen or touched one so I don't know.

I think the new version allows voice dictation for speaking emails, texts, etc.

Everything said here. It's significantly faster, OLED screen, multi touch coming soon.

I've not touched a Nexus One, all I know is what I've read from Blogs and heard on Podcasts, but what they say is, if you want Android, you get the Nexus One.

I don't know. Fuck. I hate buying phones because there are so many choices. I just want something that can go on the internet. I don't really give a shit about apps or anything.

You have to go to a Verizon store and play with the phones to see which ones you like. You may end up getting something completely different that is better for you.

But from all the speculation going around, Apple and Verizon are working on putting the iPhone out. Maybe give it a few months and see of any announcements. But again, its just rumors and speculation at this point.

I wouldn't count on this at all right now.

Apple and AT&T might be tighter than we think. Especially with the iPad having a 3G connection via AT&T.

Not arguing, just stating fact: my friend that works for Verizon currently has what he calls an "iPhone prototype" running on their network. Rumors I hear on his end of things are that AT&T's iPhone exclusivity contract was supposed to end some time this year and that they are trying to extend that to 2011. That said, I don't have my hopes up too incredibly high, but I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon had iPhones and iPads in time for the March launch either.

yeah, i heard this from my friend today too that's on Verizon and just got a droid. i'm pretty sure AT&T will be clinging to the iphone with all their might but it's only a matter of time. i was also talking to him today on my hour drive back to the twin cities and he managed to hang up, mute me and drop my call quite a few times just pressing the droid against his face and the screen blackout not working the way it does on the iphone. pretty funny, DROID DOES.

that said, i just got a replacement iphone 3GS for my stolen 3G. i didn't realize how much i missed it until today. but comparing that to the Nokia 6126 i've been using until my upgrade was ready is like living in the stone age.

Actually, I've heard that it's supposed to release for Verizon in spring.