Bought a house!

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Lakewood's real close. Much appreciated.

networking networking networking! so your monthly mortgage payment is less than your monthly rent payment you were making??? how many year mortgage did you get?

It's a 30-year mortgage. And the payment is less than our rent was in CA before we moved (we've been living in my parents' basement for free since we moved to CO in June).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys own some really sweet houses.

I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I should start looking into getting a house. I really like my apartment right now though and living in the middle of a booming neighborhood in Pittsburgh.

I think I need to find a better paying job first though.

I bought a condo in Denver (Cheesman Park) this past Summer and could not be happier. Its a 1 bedroom, close to venues/bars/restaurants. It's relatively small but there is a ton of storage space and its the perfect size for one person. Here are some pics.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Forgot to post the price on mine, $152,400

I bought a condo in Denver (Cheesman Park) this past Summer and could not be happier. Its a 1 bedroom, close to venues/bars/restaurants. It's relatively small but there is a ton of storage space and its the perfect size for one person. Here are some pics.

[image]

Is that a Razor phone on the sink? If so, LOL.

[image]

Is that a Razor phone on the sink? If so, LOL.

It is! Haha, my other phone had stopped working so I pulled out the old trusty Razr to use as an in between phone until I got a new one.

[image]

just signed the papers on the house 10/30/2009. will post more pictures later. all original hardwood floors. 3 bedrooms, 1 &3/4 bath. full basement with garage. $74,900

blows my mind, the difference in pricing. that would get you a hole in the ground here. we have to look at 300,000 and above to find something livable/move in ready.

just signed the papers on the house 10/30/2009. will post more pictures later. all original hardwood floors. 3 bedrooms, 1 &3/4 bath. full basement with garage. $74,900

blows my mind, the difference in pricing. that would get you a hole in the ground here. we have to look at 300,000 and above to find something livable/move in ready.

yeah i think we got a sweet deal. i love the house, of course there are things that we want to do to it, but i doesnt NEED anything.

[image]

same. If I bought anything at that price, I'd have to be wearing a bulletproof vest and carry every day around here.

Something my girlfriend is adjusting to here. She had lived in Lexington Ky, owned a house there, and to get something equally comparable here, we will have to spend at least 100k more than she did there. She doesn't like that idea at all.

yeah i think we got a sweet deal. i love the house, of course there are things that we want to do to it, but i doesnt NEED anything.

Jason, how far out of the city do you live, or do you still live up near Clarion?

city, whats that? I am an hour from DuBois and an hour from Bradford. really it sucks everything is so far. to goto a show it takes 3hrs to get to erie or pittsburgh. state college is like 1 & 1/2 hrs.

oh shit, by st marys?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

haha. 20 minutes from st marys. and yes you are correct.

oh shit, by st marys?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

haha. 20 minutes from st marys. and yes you are correct.

at least you're 20 minutes from the home of Straub. looking at a map of where you live in PA, theres like a blackhole of civilization just to the east of you. its like the only spot in the entire state where there is absolutely nothing but trees

mediocore is your house in a denver suburb? and man, 318,000 sounds like a deal.

Yeah, we're in Littleton.

I was gonna say...no way that's Denver

EDIT: hash = bad spelling

Was like that in Phoenix up until like 2 years ago. Home prices have dropped like 30% or something like that. Though I'm in no position to own a house anytime soon, I can only hope to find a great deal when the time comes.

I bought this house about 6 months ago, and my wife and I still love it. It's an older house but it's updated, all tile and wood floors, etc.

[image]

I'm diggin' the star-shaped window. Edit - Upon further examination, it may not be a window. Humbug.