Bought a house!

That's so nice. How old are you?

I have been a home owner for over 3 years now. Since I was 19.

It was a good decision, I'd much rather pay mortgage instead of rent. Because the money is essentially going in my pocket and not some asshole landlord's.

If you are comfortable, you should post how much it cost. I am always interested to see what money can buy in other parts of the country compared to here.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an attorney. My wife works as well. We do OK (and probably work too many hours in our professional lives... the quest for a work/life balance never ends). Homeownership for us became an essential once we decided to have a kid, and when rents in the metro DC area were so high that losing out on having equity did not make any sense in the long-run.

Guest adam526

I bought this house about 6 months ago, and my wife and I still love it. It's an older house but it's updated, all tile and wood floors, etc.

[image]

Americaaaaaa

As for employment, I'm in marketing/advertising (when I have a job). Unemployed now and still looking. Hopefully something hits soon.

I know someone in that field in Denver (Lakewood, technically). I'm happy to ask around for you if you're interested.

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Lakewood's real close. Much appreciated.

I know someone in that field in Denver (Lakewood, technically). I'm happy to ask around for you if you're interested.

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Lakewood's real close. Much appreciated.

networking networking networking! so your monthly mortgage payment is less than your monthly rent payment you were making??? how many year mortgage did you get?