Anyone see AFI recently?

zac

I found out they are playing Nashville soon with The Loved Ones and some other band and have never gotten to see them. I loved everything through Sing The Sorrow but Decemberunderground was not very good and Crash Love is just terrible to me. I was just wondering if they would be playing older stuff too or mainly new stuff. I really want to go but I don't want to pay $30 to hear a huge set of just new songs that I'm not really in to.

Guest adam526

I'd avoid it like the plague. Everything through Sing the Sorrow is solid, everyone knows that. Crazy thing is I think they're still relevant because they made a fuckload of fans from the last two records, even while losing most of their pre-decemberunderground fans

I'd avoid it like the plague. Everything through Sing the Sorrow is solid, everyone knows that. Crazy thing is I think they're still relevant because they made a fuckload of fans from the last two records, even while losing most of their pre-decemberunderground fans

I figured it would be mostly people who just come because Miss Murder was on Guitar Hero or whatever but there are still a ton of old school fans out there and I just want to see them at some point. Last time they came around was with Thursday and Coheed opening like 5-6 years ago and I miss it somehow.

I saw them, they're one of my 2 favorite bands, and to be honest, its still a good show, and they play more stuff from Sing The Sorrow than anything else.

Their set list usually looks like this:

1 song from before black sails

1 song from black sails OR art of drowning

5-6 songs from Sing The sorrow

4 songs from DecemberUnderground

4-5 songs from Crash Love

and usually 1 cover.

Awesome shows usually. Lots of sing alongs.

Supposedly this is the most recent set list:

Medicate

Girl's Not Grey

The Leaving Song Pt. II

I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here

Kill Caustic

End Transmission

Ever and a Day

Today's Lesson

Beautiful Thieves

Dancing Through Sunday

The Leaving Song

On The Arrow

Death Of Seasons

Miss Murder

Too Shy To Scream

Love Like Winter

Silver and Cold

I don't know, I just don't know.

Supposedly this is the most recent set list:

Medicate

Girl's Not Grey

The Leaving Song Pt. II

I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here

Kill Caustic

End Transmission

Ever and a Day

Today's Lesson

Beautiful Thieves

Dancing Through Sunday

The Leaving Song

On The Arrow

Death Of Seasons

Miss Murder

Too Shy To Scream

Love Like Winter

Silver and Cold

I don't know, I just don't know.

6 STS, 4 DU, 5 CL, 1 AoD, and one pre-Black Sails. Not bad. Today's Lesson is awesome.

Maybe wait til the ten year anniversary tour where they play Sing the Sorrow in full. Not happening to my knowledge, but sounds badass, right?

They'll never play Paper Airplanes live, though. Its layered with too many guitars, and Jade hates playing it.

Which is too bad, because they had no problem playing with all that ADAT bullshit for DU that sounded like dog vomit live.

Last time I saw them was on the DU tour w/ Sick Of It All opening....It was a solid set from AFI but I had more fun watching and being on the rail for SOIA, especially when they played "Stepdown"...thew few of us into them attempted a pile-on for the gang-vocals...didn't too well thanks to the barricade but Lou was right up there at the rail with us for that part. It was AWESOME!

Then I got 'faced during AFI's set...but still managed to enjoy it...

Their set lists are absolutely terrible now. Seriously.

I was at their hometown show at The Phoenix in Petaluma recently, and we actually got 3 AOD songs which was really cool (but only because it was a special show), but still not a single song from Black Sails or Shut Your Mouth. The main reason the show was still super fun was just because of how insane the crowd was. From people I know that went to both that show and other shows on this tour, the other ones paled in comparison.

I don't know... AFI are one of my all-time favorite bands and I've seen seeing them since I was 14, so it's still fun for me, but definitely don't go and expect STS-era-or-earlier quality shows, haha.

Dont waste your money. and i'm saying this as a hardcore fan. the setlist is made up of just about all crash love songs, and decemberunderground songs. when i saw them in chicago they played 2 pre "sing the sorrow" songs... they completely ignored the majority of their discography and played the whole set without one ounce of energy... and ive noticed davey is trying to turn AFI into a bowie type band...

but i will admit since gallows opened, they made up for AFI's shortcomings

Just saw them four days ago in Tempe. It was amazing, but then again I'm one of the few who loves every single thing they've put out. Even the songs i dont care for recored (ie silver and cold, girls not grey, miss murder) kill live (love like winter still fucking blows though haha) They play the best off sing the sorrow and decemberunderground. My favorite stuff is still anything before 99 but sing the sorrow is amazing decemberunderground is great and I love crash love. I think if you listen to crash love with an open mind and even not think of it as afi it'll be more enjoyable for you. in Tempe they only played 2 songs that wasn't off their latest 3 records: file 13 and love is a many splendor thing. both killed and were the high points of the set in my opinion. It was fun singing them along the other die hards because most of the people there had no idea what songs they were. i say its well worth it even if you don't care for the latest 3 albums. they have amazing stage presence and go just as crazy as they did in 99. blah blah blah heres the setlist

Medicate (Crash Love)

Girl's Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)

The Leaving Song Pt. II (Sing the Sorrow)

I Am Trying Very Hard To Be Here (Crash Love)

Kill Caustic (Decemberunderground)

End Transmission (Crash Love)

File 13 (Very Proud Of Ya)

Love is a Many Splendored Thing (Very Proud Of Ya/Various early 7"s)

Beautiful Thieves (Crash Love)

Dancing Through Sunday (Sing the Sorrow)

Okay, I Feel Better Now (Crash Love)

The Leaving Song (Sing the Sorrow)

Death of Seasons (Sing the Sorrow)

Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

Too Shy to Scream (Crash Love)

Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)

Silver And Cold (Sing the Sorrow)

ohhh and ceremony ripped! it was funny being among their 45 fans in a sold out venue of about 2500 trying to scream at them from a 15 foot barrier hahah