Super Bowl Thread

Pretty good game overall. I didn't really care who won. Good for the Saints.

That onside kick was unbelievable.

That 2 pt. conversion should not have counted. The only reason it looked like he had control is because CBS slowed the replay down to a crawl. Normal speed I don't think he had it enough to call it a catch. Luckily it didn't matter anyway.

The Who were terrible at halftime.

That 2 pt. conversion should not have counted. The only reason it looked like he had control is because CBS slowed the replay down to a crawl. Normal speed I don't think he had it enough to call it a catch. Luckily it didn't matter anyway.

The officials don't use the stuff cbs showed to the audience. They use all the angles of the clips and it definitely did exactly what he needed which was hold and cross the plane, it didn't even come out until the guy from the colts ran into his hands but that was well after he crossed the plane and was on the ground. It's the same as a RB just holding the ball passed the goal line and it counts even if someone knocks it out.

Not that it ended up mattering overall but I still thought he got it after I saw the replays.

The officials don't use the stuff cbs showed to the audience. They use all the angles of the clips and it definitely did exactly what he needed which was hold and cross the plane, it didn't even come out until the guy from the colts ran into his hands but that was well after he crossed the plane and was on the ground. It's the same as a RB just holding the ball passed the goal line and it counts even if someone knocks it out.

I know the officials see it at regular speed, and the rule. I don't think he had it. To me it looked like he was bobbling it the whole time until the Colts player kicked it out. I think the official on the field had the call right.

we saw it like 10 times and saw the slow ass instant replay in slow motion (fuckin' sloooooooww) I wouldn't say he bobbled it, but he didn't have a full grasp while he fell, but he did have control when he made contact with the ground before the ball was kicked out. Had the ball not been kicked out he would have retained the ball.

Finally pulled my head out of my ass for long enough to post in this thread.

Was one of the hooligans on Bourbon Street until 6:00 this morning. I'd say there were easily 100,000 people there. On a crowded night on Bourbon, the crowds thin out by Dumaine or St. Ann. Last night they went almost to Ursulines. It took 30 minutes to walk 1 block from St. Louis to Conti. In-fucking-sane! When I left, it was still going strong. I'd say it rivaled Mardi Gras, but I'll be able to say definitively next weekend.

We'll be partying all week, then Mardi Gras. My poor liver.

Some truly epic shit went down. Flicker would be proud.

Back to bed.

Who Dat!