PO: THE MARS VOLTA Frances the Mute triple LP

Guest admin1338560633

40 minutes ago, daegor said:

In this case, it was going to be repressed, but then the band complained and said they wanted to remaster it and do it themselves.  So the repress was pulled.  Only thing is that other stuff the band has remastered has sounded like poop.  So I don't want that.  And it was years ago and they never got around to it I guess?

I'd like to hear from someone who has copies of the boots and the OG because I've heard the OG doesn't sound great either.  Some people have claimed the boots sound better than the OG.

I have both, and I’ve always thought Frances sounds great. Never had any issues or complaints with the audio quality of that record. About 5 years ago there was another bootleg version of Frances that to me sounded great as well. Very on par with the OG and honestly couldn’t tell them apart. Great quality bootleg. I like the way Frances sounds. 
deloused on the other hand, the OG silver is not that great. It’s a picture disc so it’s super noisy. The MOV reissues from a few years ago are so much better quality. I don’t even listen to the OG anymore. There was an older bootleg as well that at the time was a better option than the OG, then the MOV versions were the ones to go with. There’s a new deloused bootleg as well that I believe comes from the same place as the current Frances one. I don’t have that one yet but some people are saying the quality is not great either. 
but if I can find it under $100 i will most definitely buy a copy to add to my collection. Crazy that they’re going for over $100 on eBay. That’s too much