am i really that late on grindhouse

Guest kingbuzzo

I saw this in theaters twice and loved it both times. Planet Terror is fun but doesn't even come close to having a real grindhouse feel. I felt like I was watching a Troma film. Death Proof on the other hand was amazing. I have it on dvd but haven't gotten around to watching the extended cut yet.

Saw them in theaters (and at the risk of sounding like "That guy") it really helped the experience to have a bottle of jagermeister during the movie.

Best part is still the preview for Thanksgiving.

As for the two, Planet Terror is heads and tails above Deathproof. It made no sense, there's a 30 minute build up just to show you that Snake Plissken actually kills people and then it's an entirely different cast. Secondly, with the second group of girls, why didn't they just hit the breaks? Even if they rolled off the road (like rolled to a stop not rolled the car) it wouldn't have caused that much damage or killed the girl on the hood. It was a 30 minute car chase with some ridiculous "Girl Power" at the end. On it's own it's okay but with Planet Terror before it, Death Proof was just weak.

As for the two, Planet Terror is heads and tails above Deathproof. It made no sense, there's a 30 minute build up just to show you that Snake Plissken actually kills people and then it's an entirely different cast. Secondly, with the second group of girls, why didn't they just hit the breaks? Even if they rolled off the road (like rolled to a stop not rolled the car) it wouldn't have caused that much damage or killed the girl on the hood. It was a 30 minute car chase with some ridiculous "Girl Power" at the end. On it's own it's okay but with Planet Terror before it, Death Proof was just weak.

if i remember correctly, the last scene of planet terror is rose mcgowan shooting the gun on her leg, all bad ass and shit. and this is preceded by explosions, more guns and shit, all that kind of stuff. then a couple of previews. alright! you're pumped! then death proof comes on... and its A STRAIGHT HOUR of TALKING. it was disappointing, in my opinion...