What are your religious beliefs?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about referendums then I'm still not interested. They are written up by politicians to further their own political agendas.

Then by not voting against them you are allowing them to pass.

Not to mention that is simply not true. School bond issues are vital for local public schools, for example.

Privatization.

mcm, would it be inappropriate to use facepalm.jpg?
I don't know... I personally almost did facepalm, but if people believe in creationism, I don't know what to do to change it.

I did the head-desk. but hey, I explained my side, and pimp has his side, so there we go. we all know no one is going to change or have some massive realization over this thread. also, no one will get banned for their beliefs, that's pretty lame.

I think benchwarmer said it. No one is going to read this thread and decide to change their religions. The question was asked and I answered and hopefully I atleast shed a little light on what we believe and why we do somethings. Sure most of you think it's crazy and stupid but hey, I probably think what you believe is crazy. Don't get me started on evolution lol. I'm just still shocked to see how many atheists and agnostics we have on board.

And if God does have some planet jumping plans for us, that would be so bad ass lol

There were some clouds of atoms and elements that collided, exploded and formed millions of species including humans than can think, create, perceive and communicate.

except that's not at all what science has proved. a little thing called evolution.

Just one more thing ;D, evolution isn't proven. Thus, it's still called the Evolutionary Theory. God: 1 Darwin: 0

this is all in good fun guys, I really hope no one is taking offense to anything

except that's not at all what science has proved. a little thing called evolution.

Just one more thing ;D, evolution isn't proven. Thus, it's still called the Evolutionary Theory. God: 1 Darwin: 0

this is all in good fun guys, I really hope no one is taking offense to anything

wouldn't it be god: 0 darwin: 0 since neither creationism or evolution is proven and both are theories?

wouldn't it be god: 0 darwin: 0 since neither creationism or evolution is proven and both are theories?

damn you and your black magic logic lol ;D

The word theory, in the context of science, does not imply uncertainty. It means "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" (Barnhart 1948). In the case of the theory of evolution, the following are some of the phenomena involved. All are facts:

Life appeared on earth more than two billion years ago;

Life forms have changed and diversified over life's history;

Species are related via common descent from one or a few common ancestors;

Natural selection is a significant factor affecting how species change.

Many other facts are explained by the theory of evolution as well.

The theory of evolution has proved itself in practice. It has useful applications in epidemiology, pest control, drug discovery, and other areas (Bull and Wichman 2001; Eisen and Wu 2002; Searls 2003).

Besides the theory, there is the fact of evolution, the observation that life has changed greatly over time. The fact of evolution was recognized even before Darwin's theory. The theory of evolution explains the fact.

If "only a theory" were a real objection, creationists would also be issuing disclaimers complaining about the theory of gravity, atomic theory, the germ theory of disease, and the theory of limits (on which calculus is based). The theory of evolution is no less valid than any of these. Even the theory of gravity still receives serious challenges (Milgrom 2002). Yet the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is still a fact.

Creationism is neither theory nor fact; it is, at best, only an opinion. Since it explains nothing, it is scientifically useless.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA201.html

It would, except if somehow there was a god, the fact that he has any sort of plan that we're supposed to follow takes the fun out of life.

then this always raises the question: if god intended for us to follow his plan, or rather, put us here for that sole purpose, why would he give us free will?

It would, except if somehow there was a god, the fact that he has any sort of plan that we're supposed to follow takes the fun out of life.

then this always raises the question: if god intended for us to follow his plan, or rather, put us here for that sole purpose, why would he give us free will?

I could give you my viewpoint on that but that would open up a whole other can of worms lol