What are your religious beliefs?

without getting into a heated debate, I can agree that 99% of religions are mostly corrupt, political or have their own agendas. I personally feel I'm in one of the very few organized religions that aren't trying to get something from someone and that doesn't have a personal agenda. Just my opinion

Okay, I'll bite; of which organized religion are you a member?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me, it's not the "corrupt, political or have their own agendas" thing that's turned me off to religion, or the reason I'm an atheist (though, those reasons don't hurt), it was my searching and comprehension that there is no god, and nothing happens when you die. which is why I agree 100% with this statement "Man was cursed with a brain developed enough to be aware of his own imminent demise so he creates stories to ease the pain and fear of the unknown."

I am a Christian. I respect every person's decision and would not try to force my faith onto anyone, but I am open about it. Of course there have always been, and will always be, religious institutions of every faith that miss the point and are violent in the name of their god, are influenced way too heavily by politics, money, etc., and that turns tons of people away. I understand that, but just wish it wasn't the case.

Every college campus has people standing on the sidewalks screaming at everybody, telling them they are going to hell, who God hates (which is generally everybody...often including "those who judge"), which obviously does more damage than good.

As far as religions being unintelligent, uncivilized, etc, I don't get it. Belief in a higher power may not make sense to you, but it does to me. I have studied other religions, I graduated high school and college, and I believe in what makes sense to me. I don't claim to have all the answers by any means, but I don't really think anyone can.

I am a Christian. I respect every person's decision and would not try to force my faith onto anyone, but I am open about it. Of course there have always been, and will always be, religious institutions of every faith that miss the point and are violent in the name of their god, are influenced way too heavily by politics, money, etc., and that turns tons of people away. I understand that, but just wish it wasn't the case.

Every college campus has people standing on the sidewalks screaming at everybody, telling them they are going to hell, who God hates (which is generally everybody...often including "those who judge"), which obviously does more damage than good.

As far as religions being unintelligent, uncivilized, etc, I don't get it. Belief in a higher power may not make sense to you, but it does to me. I have studied other religions, I graduated high school and college, and I believe in what makes sense to me. I don't claim to have all the answers by any means, but I don't really think anyone can.

I fully support and respect this, though I have no use for it myself. I'm not even going to challenge what makes sense to you or how it does. Truthfully, I could give two shits.

I would die to protect your right to believe what you want to inside your own home.

I will not, however, allow the beliefs of others to be imposed upon my life nor my affairs in my own home. And I would also die to protect that right.

???? Not sure where the PG thing came from because thats not true. Any whats wrong with not voting? Men are imperfect, no matter who is behind the helm of this mess it won't get better.

sorry, I was thinking of the Mormons. and for me personally (opinion alert) not voting is one of the most ignorant and complacent things you can do.

???? Not sure where the PG thing came from because thats not true. Any whats wrong with not voting? Men are imperfect, no matter who is behind the helm of this mess it won't get better.

sorry, I was thinking of the Mormons. and for me personally (opinion alert) not voting is one of the most ignorant and complacent things you can do.

Fitting it made an appearance in this thread.

I respect your opinion but IMO, it'd be like electing a new captain on a sinking ship

yeah I know that our organization personally doesn't support and encourage rallys or yelling at people and stuff like that. We're also not affiliated with any political party, we don't even vote, and are not involved with wars or any violence for that matter.

do jehovas witnesses come around to try to convert people?

does it ever work?

and for me personally (opinion alert) not voting is one of the most ignorant and complacent things you can do.

I respect your opinion but IMO, it'd be like electing a new captain on a sinking ship

Of course, your people thought this ship was going to sink in 1914, 1925 and 1975 and were wrong.

I bet your record collection doesn't include lots of posi-core.

one kid in my elementary school class was a jehovah's witness.

i always felt bad for him because he was never allowed to eat any cupcakes the other kids mom's brought in for their birthdays.

8 year old's don't really grasp religion, they just know that they're not getting a cupcake when everyone else is.

in short, i feel bad for 8 year old you, smashingpimp01. (nice username?)