What are your religious beliefs?

I have a "holy trinity." I think I got really drunk and described it to Jake once in great detail. Blake Schwarzenbach, Dan Yemin and Henry Rollins.

But in all seriousness, I am still sort of figuring out what I believe I guess. I'm trying to believe in myself first before I believe in some other worldly being. I guess I'd be considered agnostic as the existence of an other worldly being(s) has not been proven nor disproven. I tend to lean towards the atheist side of the fence but I don't completely discount the possibility that there could be something supernatural that exists beyond human comprehension.

Sidenotes: I was raised protestant and had to go to church just about every Sunday for about 18 years. I also enjoy objectively studying and learning about religions.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man is an animal.

Man was cursed with a brain developed enough to be aware of his own imminent demise so he creates stories to ease the pain and fear of the unknown.

People are too scared to believe there is any other way and follow blindly.

All religions were created by unintelligent, uncivilized, underdeveloped bigmouths from a forgotten time.

It's sad that so much of the world just goes along with it to this day, no matter how many terrible things are caused by ancient myth.

Thor. My god has a hammer.

Haha yes!

And back to Rad's comment, I went to Catholic school from JK to grade 12. I think all that did was make me want to look into other religions and make decisions for myself as opposed to having ideas forced upon me. I would get kicked out of class for speaking my mind which didn't always agree with Catholic beliefs. That never seemed right to me that I wasn't allowed to disagree with the church. As far as my life goes now I've taken an agnostic stance. I'm still young and feel that if I'm going to dedicate my life to something spiritually I should do it only if it feels right and so far I haven't found that.

I don't subscribe to any specific religion(s), but do agree with the idea of not being a dick and whatnot. As far as organized thought, I tend to lean more to math/science than religion, accepting that all of it is made up by us to explain the world around us.

Also, I believe.......................in UFOs!

I went to Catholic school from pre-school until I graduated high school. I actually used to be an altar boy and the same year I became one was when I realized it was all a sham. Seeing the behind the scenes aspect of it made me realize it was all a big production with no sound foundation.

I think it's great if people are religious, but it's just not for me.

I went to Catholic school from pre-school until I graduated high school. I actually used to be an altar boy and the same year I became one was when I realized it was all a sham. Seeing the behind the scenes aspect of it made me realize it was all a big production with no sound foundation.

I think it's great if people are religious, but it's just not for me.

I really try to be tolerant and like to say that if people believe, so what, but sometimes I get really annoyed when people cite their religion as a reason for some belief, stance, or decision. I also tend to think less of people when they are crazy-religious, which is probably a bad thing.

ie If you go to Church once a week and pray now and then, fine, you're covering your ass. But if you breathe religion, and do little else... I don't know... I feel like you have to be dumb for spending so much time on something that if you take any objective look at, it has a ton of holes.

*quoted the wrong person at first