A Serious Question

Did anyone ever start off their collection thinking "I am only gonna buy the records that really mean something to me" and then turn it in to "buy the records I like to get high to."

I listen to much more 'stoner' material nowadays now that I am completely clean of the chemicals, rather than when i was fully on them in the past. i listen to my records and think, 'fuck me, if i was still getting high, THIS shit i'm listening to would be unbeleeeeevable'

Did anyone ever start off their collection thinking "I am only gonna buy the records that really mean something to me" and then turn it in to "buy the records I like to get high to."

Yup.

I had a record collection from the late 90s that I completely forgot about. After finding this board, I got nostalgic for it, but found out that most of it was stolen.

So I started again, but limiting my self to only 2 artists. The rest of my music was on mp3. But then I realized how much mp3s suck compared to vinyl.

And now I buy records for the high.

Yup.

I had a record collection from the late 90s that I completely forgot about. After finding this board, I got nostalgic for it, but found out that most of it was stolen.

So I started again, but limiting my self to only 2 artists. The rest of my music was on mp3. But then I realized how much mp3s suck compared to vinyl.

And now I buy records for everything I'd listen to

Yup.

How did they get stolen without you knowing? This seems pretty interesting.

To answer the OP's question... No.

I started out buying records that were not available on any other format.

These days, the main reason I buy other formats is if it's not available on vinyl. (or if they are really cheap.)

I'll never really understand the people who got into vinyl solely for collecting purposes.

Yup.

I left the country. My brother was very sociable when I still lived there and would often have 5-7 people over at a time on any given day. All crusty punk rock types.

Damned thieves cleaned out almost all the gems, but they were kind enough to leave behind my two favorite records. I had a Green Day Slappy on green vinyl. Was very surprised to check that on popsike.

I left the country. My brother was very sociable when I still lived there and would often have 5-7 people over at a time on any given day. All crusty punk rock types.

Damned thieves cleaned out almost all the gems, but they were kind enough to leave behind my two favorite records. I had a Green Day Slappy on green vinyl. Was very surprised to check that on popsike.

That is seriously shitty.

That is seriously shitty.

I was able to recover everything except some of original green day presses and other older lookout stuff.