new against me! leaked

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the second song, "i was a teenage anarchist," is a huge slap in the face to their old fans.

How? I would really hope that their old fans have also grown up the same way Gabel has. Anarchy is a joke. I used to be an "anarchist" when I was younger, too, but as I grow up I realize how ridiculous of a concept it is.

Anyways, I'm halfway through my first listen, and I'm really digging the album so far. The Springsteen/Replacements comparison earlier was dead on, and I love it.

..............................I don't.............I don't hate it............ but christ.

I mean....I'm not one of those THEY NEED TO SOUND LIKE THEY DID ON RAR.....I LOVED New Wave......but.........

*sigh* I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I want to say it will grow on me but I'm not sure. I really hate the extreme vocal layering. Musically it isn't bad but the overall sound...sounds nothing like them. I do really like "I Was A Teenage Anarchist," and "High Pressure Low," they stand out to me. But mehhhhhh I was expecting more...I don't know...punch? It's not even grabbing me lyrically. I'll give it some more time before I write it off as an album with a few stand out tracks and everything else is kind of bleh. However I'll still defend this band feverishly. Still one of my favorites.

Guest adam526

Not a huge fan of it after two listens. To me it's just like New Wave; A few solid tracks surrounded by some pretty forgettable tracks, nothing groundbreaking. (The last two Trio and Weezer records are like this to me aswell.)

I really want to like this more than I do, to me the production just sounds really cheesy, I feel like I can hear autotune all over toms voice too. I liked high pressure low a lot though, and ache with me is good except the chk-chk-ahh thing he does. The harmonies sound weird in the chorus as well if it didn't have those things I'd like the song a lot more.

I'll see how the rest of this album sounds though. I'm also willing to give it a few more listens.

this this this. i really like these songs, especially the live versions i've heard (especially suffocation) but the cheez factor is so fucking high