What are you currently reading?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm towards the end of "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy. He wrote it with a different writing style and sentence structures than The Road and some of his other books, but it's just as bleak. It's so violent, yet so awesome. If you are playing Red Dead Redemption you should read this.

It's a strange book. The main character "the kid" goes unmentioned for chapters in a row at times. There's never an ounce of explanation or thought behind any actions - your only insight into a character is his actions or his words. I don't know what the opposite of omniscient is, but this is as far from omniscient 3rd-person as a book can be, but it's awesome. SO MUCH unexplained and seemingly senseless violence.

I'm towards the end of "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy. He wrote it with a different writing style and sentence structures than The Road and some of his other books, but it's just as bleak. It's so violent, yet so awesome. If you are playing Red Dead Redemption you should read this.

It's a strange book. The main character "the kid" goes unmentioned for chapters in a row at times. There's never an ounce of explanation or thought behind any actions - your only insight into a character is his actions or his words. I don't know what the opposite of omniscient is, but this is as far from omniscient 3rd-person as a book can be, but it's awesome. SO MUCH unexplained and seemingly senseless violence.

I'm trying to finish Stephen Hawking's A Brief History Of Time so I can start reading Blood Meridian. I keep hearing how awesome it is and I can't wait to start it.

just finished "Please Kill Me" by Legs Mcneil and Gillian Mccain. I love reading books like this.

Started McSweeney's Quarterly Concern #20. Halfway done with it.

Funny I didn't even see this when you first posted. This is the other book I'm working on. AMAZING stuff. Quite a bit of awesome history.

Oh and as anticipated, the Velvet Underground were the biggest group of poser douchebags ever. The banana album still rules though.