Gaslight Anthem - American Slang LP preorder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will wait for a leak before I decide to buy

this

I dont really have high expectations for this record, sink or swim was great, but these guys sound like pussies now

I hate to agree. Sink or Swim was awesome. While the '59 Sound was solid, it really didn't come close to being as brilliant as their first one

Guest Admin

similar to 59 sound, we (VC) will have an exclusive color, so will Side One. a 3rd U.S. label will have one (not sure if I can announce it yet), and their will be a European color. After those are gone, every repress will be on black vinyl.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the track American Slang is absolutely amazing. I am so excited about the new album.

I don't think sink or swim sounded like it was recorded on a shitty four track, though there was a big change in how they sounded, but considering senor/queen, there is a progression there and it wasn't like the 59 sound was a complete surprise. I'm one of those who thought sink or swim was better and after time, the 59 sound did grow on me. I kind of lost my interest after seeing them in Seattle. I'll blame most of that on the crowd, but whatever. I'll probably grab the VC exclusive if the album is decent and leave it at that. Or maybe, I'll buy ten copies from every label, sit on them for a year and then cash in, booya!

similar to 59 sound, we (VC) will have an exclusive color, so will Side One. a 3rd U.S. label will have one (not sure if I can announce it yet), and their will be a European color. After those are gone, every repress will be on black vinyl.

I don't know about the rest of you, but the track American Slang is absolutely amazing. I am so excited about the new album.

Any idea on when these preorders will go up? I hope it's a little closer to the release date...

Guest Admin

while I don't have the date of when the pre-order will go up, I assure you we will give you proper warning. I am actually surprised Interpunk already has their pre-order up. Seems a little premature.