Gmail / Facebook Hijacking

In the last couple weeks, both my Facebook and my Gmail accounts have been taken over and shutdown, reopened and taken over again! Has anyone ever had this happen? Let me tell you, it's fucking annoying that someone is taking the time just to hack into my account and send bogus messages to random people in my contacts asking for money.

Hi,

I am stranded in London at the moment, got mugged at gun point last night. I was hit on the head but getting better. All cash, credit card and phone were stolen. It was a brutal experience but thank God our lives was spared and we still have our passports. I would have called you to inform you about this, I don't have access to a phone as my phone was stolen during the incident. I only have access to my email which is why i am sending you this email. I need your urgent help, Please can you spare me $2,660 to settle the bills here and get a cab to the airport, don't worry i will definitely reimburse it tomorrow.

You can have the money wired by western union, All you need to do is locate a western union outlet nearby and go there to have the money wired to me. You can look up there website to see there nearest outlet to you (www.westernunion.com/locator) .Here is my info which you will need to wire the money:

Jordan Smith

33 Saffron Hill, London, EC1N 8QX, England, UK

Once you have sent the money, Email me back with the MTCN Number giving to you by western union and the details you used to transfer the money, Also scan the receipt of the western union and send it to me.

As soon as i get home, i will reimburse the money back to you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Jordan

this is what i've got from your e-mail at gmail, jordan.

i assume this may an effect from facebook application which you have to commit/ confirm your e-mail address for enter it....

:)

Hi,

I am stranded in London at the moment, got mugged at gun point last night. I was hit on the head but getting better. All cash, credit card and phone were stolen. It was a brutal experience but thank God our lives was spared and we still have our passports. I would have called you to inform you about this, I don't have access to a phone as my phone was stolen during the incident. I only have access to my email which is why i am sending you this email. I need your urgent help, Please can you spare me $2,660 to settle the bills here and get a cab to the airport, don't worry i will definitely reimburse it tomorrow.

You can have the money wired by western union, All you need to do is locate a western union outlet nearby and go there to have the money wired to me. You can look up there website to see there nearest outlet to you (www.westernunion.com/locator) .Here is my info which you will need to wire the money:

Jordan Smith

33 Saffron Hill, London, EC1N 8QX, England, UK

Once you have sent the money, Email me back with the MTCN Number giving to you by western union and the details you used to transfer the money, Also scan the receipt of the western union and send it to me.

As soon as i get home, i will reimburse the money back to you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Jordan

this is what i've got from your e-mail at gmail, jordan.

i assume this may an effect from facebook application which you have to commit/ confirm your e-mail address for enter it....

:)

that address in london is 5 mins walk from my house...

I had a friend who got his whole 'online identity' hijacked by a vindictive Mexican hacker. He used SQL injections on his site and broke into a database and stole his password (which wasn't MD5 encrypted). He defaced the website, changed passwords to all his sites, facebook, myspace, twitter, last.fm, gmail accts, bank accts, etc and proceeded to hold up them on ransom! The kid wanted to get paid via e-Gold or something?

Long story short. My friend contacted the FBI and told the kid. He got scared and forfeited all of the seized accounts. Turns out the FBI couldn't have done anything anyway, as he was in Mexico.

Moral: Use multiple passwords with different tiers of security. I have 5 different ones; the more complex are reserved for my bank accounts or any other personal accounts.

I had a friend who got his whole 'online identity' hijacked by a vindictive Mexican hacker. He used SQL injections on his site and broke into a database and stole his password (which wasn't MD5 encrypted). He defaced the website, changed passwords to all his sites, facebook, myspace, twitter, last.fm, gmail accts, bank accts, etc and proceeded to hold up them on ransom! The kid wanted to get paid via e-Gold or something?

Long story short. My friend contacted the FBI and told the kid. He got scared and forfeited all of the seized accounts. Turns out the FBI couldn't have done anything anyway, as he was in Mexico.

Moral: Use multiple passwords with different tiers of security. I have 5 different ones; the more complex are reserved for my bank accounts or any other personal accounts.

If you're logged in to sites using SSL (https) your passwords mean a lot less than if its plain http. No one is going to take the time to attempt to hack 128-bit encryption to get at a consumer bank account.