Jawbreaker

I saw Jets To Brazil a bunch of times, but the last time I had the flu, in a smoky club and it was seriously one of the best things I've ever witnessed. They were just incredible. It's hard to explain if you never saw them.

yea, jets to brazil was probably the 2nd best concert i've ever been to. so good.

it was kind of boring -- partially because I had to suffer through Joan Of Arc before JTB went on.

Oh Scott, when will you learn to appreciate the more nuanced, subtle (read: better) musical forms? Life can't be all "Friends" and "The Cosby Show" all the time. Did you ever see Sweep the Leg Johnny? What did you think?

it was kind of boring -- partially because I had to suffer through Joan Of Arc before JTB went on.

Oh Scott, when will you learn to appreciate the more nuanced, subtle (read: better) musical forms? Life can't be all "Friends" and "The Cosby Show" all the time. Did you ever see Sweep the Leg Johnny? What did you think?

Joan Of Arc? More like Joan Of Suck!

Also, no, I never saw STLJ live.

This thread makes me sad.

I wish I weren't a child when one could go see Jawbreaker and Jets to Brazil play shows. Siiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know what you mean, but think of it this way: I was on the guest list for High On Fire last night and wound up staying home because I'm 35 and I've had a headache for 9 days. Then my daughter got homesick anyway and I had to pick her up from her grandmother's house at 9:30. So enjoy being young for a little while buddy.

I wish I weren't a child when one could go see Jawbreaker and Jets to Brazil play shows. Siiiiiigggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

haha. i said the same thing when i was 6. when my neighbors or my uncle were able to see most of the bands i wanted to see when i was a wee child. it's not that i didn't want to go or didn't know about it though. it's more like my mom telling me "i am not letting my 7 year old son go see some jackasses sing about the devil". Once i hit 12 though, she'd drop me off and pick me up for punk rock shows. Which i found remarkably strange, letting her 12 year old child go to shows at that age by myself or with only a friend in tow, when only a few months earlier i was too young. good ol' parents..

oakland's right though... go see what you can now, because once you're our age, priorities change.

I saw them around the time 24 Hour Revenge Therapy came out, with I Spy and some other local bands opening. it was a great show, but I'm sure at the time I was wishing I hadn't been in 3rd grade when Articles of Faith played Winnipeg or when Personality Crisis and Stretch Marks were around...

I'd personally start with etc. as some of my favorite songs are off of comps - Kiss the Bottle, Fantastic Planet, With or Without U2.

they also while on tour said that the rumors of them signing to a major were false. 4 months later they were on dgc. WTF? or maybe that was greenday that said that on the seaweed/bad religion tour..hmm?

Nope, that was Jawbreaker. They would introduce the song "you can't afford me" by saying that they would go to lunch with A&R people just to get the free food, and then tell them that they would sign if the label bought an apartment for all their friends to live in for free.

Guest darnyeller

Joan Of Arc? More like Joan Of Suck!

Also, no, I never saw STLJ live.

yes, but i'd still listen to them over 95% of the bands that you write about.