Off With Their Heads-In Desolation LP & 7" teaser

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw the record release show for this on Saturday, Ryan is just singing now and I think Francis is now the second guitar player. Very weird/awkward.

They're gonna get massively popular on this record but I think the new songs have lost the spark of what I liked about their recordings in the past, so unless this record grows on me I think my time of following them is over.

saw the record release show for this on Saturday, Ryan is just singing now and I think Francis is now the second guitar player. Very weird/awkward.

This was super weird to watch. They didn't really know how to be a quintet it seemed. They started gaining momentum by the very end of the set but it was still super odd.

I actually dig the new album quite a bit. I think "Clear the Air" is one of the best songs they've written.

This was super weird to watch. They didn't really know how to be a quintet it seemed. They started gaining momentum by the very end of the set but it was still super odd.

I actually dig the new album quite a bit. I think "Clear the Air" is one of the best songs they've written.

I haven't written them of completely, just the new songs are WAAAAAAAYYY too Warped Tour-y and overproduced, which was expected with the jump to Epitaph...what really threw me off on Saturday was Ryan not playing guitar, dude does not need to concentrate that much on singing well, especially since he's always done fine in the past.

what really threw me off on Saturday was Ryan not playing guitar, dude does not need to concentrate that much on singing well, especially since he's always done fine in the past.

I agree with that completely. He doesn't really need to just be a singer/frontman. It was just weird to see him kind of awkwardly headbanging and not really knowing what to do without a guitar in his hands. I'd like to see them six months from now when they get a little more used to this set-up.

what really threw me off on Saturday was Ryan not playing guitar, dude does not need to concentrate that much on singing well, especially since he's always done fine in the past.

I agree with that completely. He doesn't really need to just be a singer/frontman. It was just weird to see him kind of awkwardly headbanging and not really knowing what to do without a guitar in his hands. I'd like to see them six months from now when they get a little more used to this set-up.

agreed, but this band goes through line up changes quite a bit...so we'll see if this five piece thing lasts.

They're gonna get massively popular on this record but I think the new songs have lost the spark of what I liked about their recordings in the past, so unless this record grows on me I think my time of following them is over.

Wow, that does sound awkward as hell. And I definitely agree about the record. I don't hate or actively dislike it, it just doesn't excite me all that much.

i hate that i really really like that song.

when i hear it it, i could see it being the theme song to some angsty teen drama, or in some sort of teen coming of age movie.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...