i've been straight edge for 11 years today.

Guest conoley
i hate people who call themselves straightedge.

i dont drink, smoke, fuck around etc, but i will never ever lump myself in with the edgekids.

I don't like a bunch of dudes in by baseball league, but I'm still a baseball player. Or I suppose I could say, "I hit a ball with a bat and try to score runs/catch other people's balls and try to prevent them from scoring runs, but I don't want to call myself a baseball player"

It's not straightedge's fault that some people are crazy.

i dont drink, smoke, fuck around etc, but i will never ever lump myself in with the edgekids.

I don't like a bunch of dudes in by baseball league, but I'm still a baseball player. Or I suppose I could say, "I hit a ball with a bat and try to score runs/catch other people's balls and try to prevent them from scoring runs, but I don't want to call myself a baseball player"

oh man, I love Ben.

yea, I have also never had alcohol, drugs etc. in my 26 years.

I was straight edge until i was about 20. Now i enjoy the occasional beer, whiskey, rum, or maybe even jagarbomb. Perhaps I'll enjoy some pills and reefer as well. Doesnt make me a bad person. Eveything in moderation. thats the key.

When i say occasional i mean like 2 or 3 times a month.

Oh yeah, we are talkin about you.

Congrats, Thats a long time, and a lot of money saved!!!

I don't know how serious you are, but people have abstained from drinking/smoking since the dawn of man, the term straight edge is only ~25 years old. I don't necessarily see abstaining from drug and alcohol use as being straight edge, thats being drug/alcohol free. Straight edge is a specific label people give themselves, its an identity or a statement (sorry if I'm overgeneralizing here).

The point is, Flicker doesn't drink or smoke, but he's not straight edge because he refuses to associate himself with that.