Saves The Day to play Weezer's Pinkerton

From the Saves The Day website:

Saves The Day will be performing Weezer's Pinkerton album at this year's Hoodwink Festival on April 30th, 2010. Hoodwink takes place at the Meadowlands the night before Bamboozle.

I know this news has been up for awhile, but is anyone here going to this? I really want to but after ticketmaster charges it's like $40 a ticket...

I do see this as a kind of cop out, but really, no one sees ANY potential in Chris Conley doing something interesting with this. Rough. My hopes aren't high, but I have expectations.

How is it a cop out? Hoodwink is a festival where all the bands play cover sets!

I was not aware of this and a couple of the comments people made lead me to believe that cover sets were not the standard for this show. My mistake for making that assumption. Given that fact; I like this idea a bunch.

How is it a cop out? Hoodwink is a festival where all the bands play cover sets!

I was not aware of this and a couple of the comments people made lead me to believe that cover sets were not the standard for this show. My mistake for making that assumption. Given that fact; I like this idea a bunch.**

**but not the idea of STD covering Weezer

I'm really surprised to see so many people hate on Saves the Day. I guess I'd like to know where everyone thinks they went to shit because I've enjoyed most of their stuff (there might be a song or two here and there that I don't like). And though I haven't heard their newest, I'd imagine their show being a lot of fun with tons of sing-a-long songs. Buttloads probably.

I'm really surprised to see so many people hate on Saves the Day. I guess I'd like to know where everyone thinks they went to shit because I've enjoyed most of their stuff (there might be a song or two here and there that I don't like). And though I haven't heard their newest, I'd imagine their show being a lot of fun with tons of sing-a-long songs. Buttloads probably.

have you seen the "newest" line up. This band needs to just stop.