the new Eminem song is pretty legit

getting back to basics. lyrics sound stronger and denser than his last couple albums. no fart sounds! im going to pay attention to this album.

http://soundcloud.com/hypetrak/eminem-not-afraid-produced-by-boi-1da

"And to the fans, I’ll never let you down again, I’m back

I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact

Let’s be honest, that last Relapse CD was “ehhhh”

Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground

Relax, I ain’t going back to that now"

thoughts?

His freestyle over the new Drake (who is terrible) song that came out this week is killer too. I think he gets overlooked as a serious MC sometimes because of how crazy he is but man sometimes no one else can touch him.

http://usershare.net/wkut6udcrwyp You can stream or download the freestyle there. I like this new song too. I'm looking forward to Recovery when it comes out in June.

Guest kylewilliam

im so glad he admits the last album was terrible... it was... the weird Jamaican accent thing he was doing in songs was weird. this song is really good, if the whole record is like this it is going to be amazing,

im so glad he admits the last album was terrible... it was... the weird Jamaican accent thing he was doing in songs was weird. this song is really good, if the whole record is like this it is going to be amazing,

I actually kind of liked Relapse but I do agree about the accent thing. This new cd was supposed to originally be Relapse 2 but he said it came out a lot different from the first cd and he wanted it to have it's own name so now it's Recovery so I think it will all be more like this.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard the new album yet but I really hope it's good.

It's sad that Eminem went from a legitimate greatest of all time to an artist that people were ashamed to listen to and probably not even in most people's top 25 rappers. There were some years where I didn't hear a single Eminem song from someone's car stereo.

I still think the best Eminem stuff was never even on his own albums. His verses in Lady on the Obie Trice album are ridiculous, as well as his verse in We All Die One Day from the same album. Best Eminem track I've ever heard is Monkey See, Monkey Do. Check it out if you haven't heard it.

Also, that boi 1da dude has been cleaning up on beats lately. He did Forever, that Not Afraid track and I think a few on the new Dre album as well.

I went to a producer battle last summer that he was in, and I don't think he even won his first match-up, but I remember really liking his beat.

I haven't heard the new album yet but I really hope it's good.

It's sad that Eminem went from a legitimate greatest of all time to an artist that people were ashamed to listen to and probably not even in most people's top 25 rappers. There were some years where I didn't hear a single Eminem song from someone's car stereo.quote]

i dont think even Eminem would be caught dead blasting an Eminem song from his car stereo.

i used to lover eminem but his shit got stale and moldy fast. i never listen to any of my old cds anymore. but i will still listen to my D-12 cds. now those were great