BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think brand new fans that also like vinyl are probably the most legit fans...i mean, vinyl is about the music right? well besides the flippers that is.

i wouldn't say there's too much "dumb" going on in that sense.

Incorrect.

Neither "legit fans" or "biggest fans" are defined by the amount of money spent on music and merchandise or amount of shows attended or miles driven to shows. Disposable income =/= dedication. Music is a subjective art, as is any other art form. It means different things to different people. For all you or any of us know, Brand New's biggest and/or most legit fan could be some kid in his bedroom with a CD or mp3 who is being inspired and affected by the music.

i think brand new fans that also like vinyl are probably the most legit fans...i mean, vinyl is about the music right? well besides the flippers that is.

i wouldn't say there's too much "dumb" going on in that sense.

Incorrect.

Neither "legit fans" or "biggest fans" are defined by the amount of money spent on music and merchandise or amount of shows attended or miles driven to shows. Disposable income =/= dedication. Music is a subjective art, as is any other art form. It means different things to different people. For all you or any of us know, Brand New's biggest and/or most legit fan could be some kid in his bedroom with a CD or mp3 who is being inspired and affected by the music.

I agree with this fully

that...is ridiculous. 550?! I can't imagine having that much extra money to blow on ONE record.

whats really funny to me, is that I saw one of the original test pressings of rancid-and out come the wolves and that only went for like $520 or $530. so to me its unbelievable that someone would pay that much for a brand new record and not even a test press at that.

Guest adam526

I sold that record to him about five months ago. I said make an offer, he said "$500 and I'll paypal you right now." - Deal was done. Then like a month later he put it in a giant lot of Brand New records for like 9k buy it now.

ha that 9k thing was such horse shit. he billed it like "the ultimate brand new collection" or something, i can't believe he seriously thought he'd sell that for that much. i hope that goes for under 500 so he loses money.

he did have the jude law 7" in that set though i think, talk about something i wish i had.

very good points sharkticon. i'd tip my hat if i had one. I just meant that there has to be at least SOME sort of dedication in those of us that want to hear the album on vinyl just because we love it, not because it's trendy or cool or an "investment" as i've been seeing around the thread.

Did you just negate your own previous statement?

he did have the jude law 7" in that set though i think, talk about something i wish i had.

why? so you can flip it?

have you even looked at the records i have? you know how many of those i could flip?

seriously, you're the worst kind of troll cause A) you're not the least bit funny and B) you're so uneducated you sound like a little boy trying to talk with the big kids.

but then again, i'm not entirely sure why i'm even bothering to respond.

why? so you can flip it?

have you even looked at the records i have? you know how many of those i could flip?

to be quite honest, for such a bold statement that smacks of 'are you mildly retarded?' disdain, i am underwhelmed by your collection.

but then again, i'm not entirely sure why i'm even bothering to respond.

ding ding ding!

why? so you can flip it?

have you even looked at the records i have? you know how many of those doubles or triples of those i've flipped for serioulsy cash?

seriously, i'm the biggest asshole flipper around cause A) i buy shit for the sole purpose of selling it the next day for 3 times, if not more, than what i bought it for and B) i buy records as an investment and when i get called out for it i sound dumb by saying what i think an investment is.

but then again, i'm not entirely sure why i try to hide the fact i'm a flipper after i got caught red handed and still try to defend myself with the argument "they're an investment" and the classic "i'm broke" routine.