ANYONE HAD DEALINGS WITH ROTTENTONE ????

punksville

ok..here's my dealing with this douchebag.

back on march 13th i bought the 3 colors of the lp on ebay and then contacted him about buying a tour and test press. i paid for the regular lps via ebay and sent the other money via paypal as a gift.

prj (march 13) - any chance you'd sell a copy of the tour or test press along with the 2 copies of the lp i just BIN'd?

michael mitchell (march 13) - Yeah I guess I could do that.I would be willing to sell you a set which includes 1 test press, 1 tour edition, 1 lp green vinyl, 1 lp pink vinyl and 1 lp black vinyl for $100 I only have a few left and youre not the only one who has asked so let me know asap.

prj (march 13) - yeah i'll do that! let me know how you want me to pay. i could pay for the 2 from ebay and then another payment for the rest.

michael mitchell (march 13) - yeah just pay for the 2 from ebay and then send $76.00 via paypal to [email protected] you will receive the test press and tour lp before the other 3 lps cause those arent back from the presses yet and those wont start shipping till april. if you pay tnite or tomorrow the test press and tour lp will go out monday morning. be sure to attach your address to the paypal payment and if you can send it as a gift so i dont get taxed that would be nice. thanx!

Mike.

prj (march 13) - money sent

michael mitchell (march 13) - awesome thanx! they will ship on monday and the others will ship on or before april 20th.

prj (march 13) - ok cool!

prj (april 5) - hey dude...i still haven't gotten the tour press or test press...where are they?

michael mitchell (april 5) - they were mailed off last week. I will upload the tracking info when I get home in about 45 minutes.

prj (april 5) - ok

prj (april 7) - tracking info for the test press and show press?

prj (april 11) - hey...where's the tracking info for the test press and tour press?

michael mitchell (april 12) - Hey Jeff sorry I havent been able to get back to you till now. I had a family emergency come up. The records were mailed off last week. There was a delay cause we didnt have any mailers left and didnt wanna send out the records in a priority envelope cause I was afraid they would break or arrive damaged. Anyways we got mailers and they were shipped out Friday and today when I get to the office I will send you over the D/C number cause they are all at the office. Sorry about the delay.

prj (april 12) - it really would have been nice if you didn't lie about it and told me the truth a week and a half ago when i first asked.

prj (april 12) - tracking info?

michael mitchell (april 14) - Hey Jeff, sorry about all the delays. I havent been down to the office until today but here is your tracking number for the tour edition LP and test press. It was sent via USPS to the PO box 373

0309 2880 0003 1192 3937

so at this point i finally get the test press and tour press of the lp on april 21st to my old house. the test press is what you would expect...blank labels and nothing else. the tour press isn't a tour press though. the tour press was supposed to have blank labels as well, but he sent me a regular black vinyl copy of the record in the tour press cover. i was so pissed at this guy i just gave up because i knew i wouldn't get the blank label record for the tour press and i couldn't file a claim on paypal because i sent the money as a gift. as of right now i'm out the tour version of the record and the pink and green copies of the record. this guy is a fucking fraud and a half.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine pointed out this thread to me - Sounds like most of this has to do with ebay stuff that's none of my business, but as for the "rarities" record, we've had nothing but positive experiences with Mike so far. Seems like he's sort of disappeared for a minute off the internet, and I haven't talked to him in over a month, but it's my hunch that he's got stuff going on with his family that's keeping him from being particularly efficient. That said, it still sucks for anyone still waiting to get our records (I don't have my copies yet either). When I hear more, I'll let you know what's going on. I'm sure shit's cool. xoxo - Annie

michael mitchell (april 5) - they were mailed off last week. I will upload the tracking info when I get home in about 45 minutes.

I got told the exact same thing verbatim, and this was over three weeks ago. I asked again for the tracking number with no response.

The thing is, if he had said, "Hey, I had a family emergency and I actually won't be able to mail this out for a month" or something like that, I would totally understand and be fine with that. Shit happens. But lying about it is just not cool.

Like someone earlier said if he has problems -just be honest and straight - if you cant post a record for whatever reason then just tell people - if he said I cant post it for a month then cool I would understand but to say its been posted when its blatantly obvious that it hasnt then ignore emails etc that sucks. A few people know him so his reputation will be ruined and going by the number of unhappy ' customers ' I cant see him shifting many of the Soviettes albums.

Im not particular about message board fan boys so I'll just skip the shit talk. Everybody that has boughten shit on ebay recently, your shit was shipped off last week so enjoy it when it arrives in the mail.

The Soviettes albums are shipping Friday so enjoy those too.

If anybody else has an issue feel free to send me a message so I can take care of you and make things right if you feel wronged.

sure did. Dude is hella shady, and disappears for a month or so. then pops back in to say everything is being taken care of, and talk to him directly if there is a problem.

im not sticking up for the guy. i dont know anything about him. it was just in response to the dude who still accused him of ripping people off. im just saying its not a rip off if they come through in the end.

might be slow, might be a warning not to deal with that person in the future, but its only a rip off if they never come through ever.

I've been trying to get a trade rectifed since March 3rd. He sent me a Green Nofx PID instead of some Lillingtons records. He kept in touch for a while, but its been about a month since his last response. I PMd him and havent heard back, so Mike, return my PM since you say that you will in this thread.