Does Casting Out play any boysetsfire song live?

Well obviously I've heard it if I said how great it is. Nathan is one of my oldest and dearest friends.

Obviously I understood that you have heard it, which is why I asked how you heard it

My apologies for my smart-ass response. I misread what you wrote and smarted off to you.

Anyway, Nathan asked me what I thought because I gave the first one a kind of luke warm review in AP. I think it's always best to be honest about music, especially with your friends. They don't need "yes men."

Yeah, I think for the first record they were really focused on doing their "new" thing and trying not to sound like BSF. On this record they seem to have really congealed as a unit and that has allowed Nathan to relax and just do what he does. He made a big point of writing about sort of inane subjects on the last record, and I don't blame him for that. He spent 10 years in a band beating his head against the wall talking about the injustices of the world. It's a good cause but a tough one and sometimes you just want to rock out. It's also hard when you "preach" to people because then they put everything you do under a microscope. Just because you have foibles doesn't mean the points you are trying to make are moot. Anyway, on the new Casting Out record, there's a mixture of the fun stuff, a lot of upbeat tunings, but more message-oriented lyrics. There are even a couple of songs that sound like they could be BSF songs. I think people are really going to like it. It's one of my favorite records of the years so far and I still don't even know when it's coming out. It's being released by Eyeball.

On a personal note, another close friend of mine, Leigh, plays guitar for this band. Come out and support them for him because he has been involved in punk music forever but has never really been in a standout, big-name band. He's an awesome dude, has roadied for a bunch of bands, and has truly lived the life for a very long time. It's time he got to be the cool guy for once. He's also a super good guitar/bass player.

• 2 months later...

i just downloaded this (yes, i plan to buy it) and i really like it so far. if i'm not lazy i'm going to see them on tuesdsay (i have to miss captain, we're sinking on wednesday, so i figure i shouldn't miss two shows in a row)

is their new album coming out on vinyl? does anyone know?

• 1 month later...

These guys are touring Europe with Samiam. Don't really know much of either band, but what im hearing from The Casting Out is really good. A local Melbourne band is supporting both bands on the tour, A Death In The Family. Looking forward to attending at least one show, but hopefully two or three if we can get from city to city easily enough. My gf is a big BSF fan with a pretty decent vinyl collection of theirs. With a bit of luck TCO will have some vinyl of something available by then.

i just downloaded this (yes, i plan to buy it) and i really like it so far. if i'm not lazy i'm going to see them on tuesdsay (i have to miss captain, we're sinking on wednesday, so i figure i shouldn't miss two shows in a row)

is their new album coming out on vinyl? does anyone know?

A friend of mine gave me a copy and it is really good. I emailed Nathan to see what is up with this record. Eyeball was supposed to put it out August 3rd but it didn't happen. Eyeball's website hasn't been updated in a while.

I'll let you know when I hear something. I am also inquiring about putting this out on vinyl on Bitter Melody if Eyeball is not going to.

I'll update you if I hear anything.

A Death in the Family are amazingly awesome. Saw what i thought was probably their best set on the weekend. People were going off. The Poison City Weekender is our little version of the Fest. So good, even though i was too tired the whole time. Looking forward to seeing them again overseas. They just released this video clip last night.

Nathan told me it was going to be released by Eyeball on vinyl a while back. The other day he emailed me out of the blue to say they aren't doing it yet. I'm still trying to get a copy of the first one.

The new record is crazy good though, vinyl or not. And I'm guessing those songs are awesome live.