Shipping Vinyl

Cheapest domestically is definitely media mail. Not sure about international.

Best way is vinyl mailers, like how records are mailed to you (not sure where you get those by themselves). You want to make sure that the record is snug in the box. I use either excess pieces of cardboard or bubblewrap. Also, its best to ship the record outside of the sleeve to prevent seam splits. Ideally, get those plastic protectors, and put both the empty sleeve and the white sleeve w/ the record in it in there.

look there for more packaging details:

http://www.deadformat.net/topic.php?id=4260

Best way is vinyl mailers, like how records are mailed to you (not sure where you get those by themselves). You want to make sure that the record is snug in the box. I use either excess pieces of cardboard or bubblewrap. Also, its best to ship the record outside of the sleeve to prevent seam splits. Ideally, get those plastic protectors, and put both the empty sleeve and the white sleeve w/ the record in it in there.

That's how to do it.

Thanks. About ow much does media mail run for a standard 12"

if shipping international, NEVER use those cheap-ass European mailers. the records will always arrived with bent corners. you can wrap some extra card around the corners of the package too.

Do you know where I can find quality mailers? I've found quite a few online, pretty much all in the $.75-$1.00 range for each mailer but I have no idea which ones are good.

I would definitely ask for the package to be sent by the cheapest method, as opposed to just picking media mail.

The minimum charge for media mail is $2.38, and I have definitely had packages (mostly 7") that were cheaper to send first class. Chances are, media mail is the cheapest domestic option. But it doesn't hurt to ask if you have a package that is relatively lightweight.

First Class International is your cheapest international option by far. There's a postage calculator here:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Generally you're looking at about $11 for one pound, $18 for 2 pounds.

You'll also need to fill out customs forms for any international shipping. If it is under 4 pounds and can go First Class it is a much shorter, easier to fill out form than packages that are shipped Priority International. The downside to First Class International is that you can't add shipping confirmation or insurance.