drug test!

Guest eriathomas

I know that you can get small traces of THC from 2nd hand smoke, so I'm sure a lot of employeers are just like "whatever". I don't think explaining it's from 2nd hand goes over well if they tell you you failed.

My place of employment randomly tests. I didn't get tested when I was hired(not that it would have mattered) but have been tested maybe 4 times in all the years I have worked there. It's very rare to be tested and I think it only happens when the toll free number is called and something is reported. Which is almost never.

My understanding is that if you are randomly tested and you come back positive it doesn't mean you are out of a job. There are some sort of treatment classes or something you must take and there's a period of a year where they can call you anytime to go take a test and you have to go and pass in order to keep your job.

I don't do too much but when I do I make sure it's during a period when I will have enough time to flush my body before I go back to work. I smoke pot a few times a year and I think because its so little it doesn't stick around in me that long. I say that because I smoked a bunch of times in late march. There were 3 or 4 days I smoked a bunch of times a day. I didn't do anything to flush my system and I didn't smoke at all after that. About a week and a half after I last smoked, I took an at home test and it came back negative.

• 2 weeks later...

so, i finally got a call back and they told me to come in and fill out paperwork. that was last tuesday. when i got there they sprung another drug test on me and said the original was to diluted. luckily i had been riding my bike earlier that day and was killing a shit load of water so i played it off as just that, i drink a ton of water when i ride my bike. the new test came back diluted but since i had no idea i was taking another test they believe what i told them. i start work in forty-five minutes!