Am Rep Apreesh

I think it's odd that more bands haven't picked up on the whole noise genre. 16 did early on, but then got more metal. It seems that the stoner metal influence is very strong on heavy bands these days. I personally don't care for it. Give me overdriven, fuzzed out guitars and fucked up lyrics about losing your mind!

Calvin Krime would be a good add too. Better than that garbage he's doing these days.

tell me about it. Dress For The Future was fucking classic. even the last little EP they did on Polyvinyl was awesome. i have to admit to liking some Har Mar Superstar songs, even some Sean Na Na but i'll never want anything more than to see Calvin Krime again and again.

this shit just got real'er.

[image]

One day after the Amphetamine Reptile Records 25th Anniversary Party in Downtown Minneapolis, we are bringing this show to Northeast. Never in our wildest dreams did we imagine a bill like this could happen in 2010, but it is going to. Check this shit out:

Janitor Joe

Calvin Krime

Freedom Fighters

Jet Legs

Sunday August 29th | 1pm | Grumpy's Northeast Backyard

from wiki:

Janitor Joe recruited Wayne Davis to replace Pfaff, and continued to write and tour. Amphetamine Reptile released Lucky, the band's second album, in 1994. Pfaff was tiring of Seattle by this time, and took a sabbatical from Hole to rejoin Janitor Joe for a spring tour. Her plans to return to Minneapolis and rejoin Janitor Joe permanently were curtailed when, in June 1994, she was found dead of a heroin overdose in her bathtub. She had planned to drive to Minneapolis the next day; her U-Haul stood, packed, in her garage.

Janitor Joe split in 1994, in the wake of Pfaff's death. Breuer and Entsminger went on to form Gnomes of Zurich with Scott Hull, and the band released an album, again on Amphetamine Reptile, entitled 33rd Degree Burns, as well as singles on Reptilian Records and Sister Records.

• 1 month later...